Install Jelly Bean 4.3 HellFire Custom ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
If you’re keen on updating your newly bought Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, we are here to present the following tool which will make that possible: HellFire custom ROM. This firmware is especially appealing thanks to the fact that it comes with root access. Which is great if your phone is already rooted.
The new custom ROM has a lot of improvements, compared with the tablet’s stock ROM. In the sense that, apart from being rooted already, it also lets you enjoy the Android OS in a fast and extra smooth way. These two mean that customization is a piece of cake.
That being said, this firmware brings along other valuable stuff, such as new features, Titanium Backup, the possibility to install custom ROMs and many other great goodies for your tablet.
In case what we mentioned above appeals to you, then first consider the following set of requirements:
- root the tablet with a good guide;
- flash a custom recovery on it (such as CWM or TWRP);
- your tablet should be of the factory unlocked kind;
- create backups of the data your tablet has via this guide;
- charge the battery of your gadget if need be;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- install USB drivers for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on the laptop or the comp you have.
- Let’s hop on and tell you what to do for the first step: download the Jelly Bean 4.3 HellFire custom ROM (file name: SamsungHFJ10_11hf-10.2-Weekly-p3100.zip) on the notebook or PC, then plug the tablet to it.
- Next step will ask you to transfer the update file from its place to the SD card root of your tablet, then move on by powering the gadget off. After you’ve disconnected it from your laptop, you should enter the Tab 2 7.0 P3100 into Recovery Mode like this: power if on while simultaneously pressing and holding Volume Down and Power.
- After you are done with this, you can choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data to make the tablet perform a wipe of its full data. Once done, you should opt for Wipe Cache Partition and then go to the device’s Recovery Menu. You will have to choose, from there, the option called Advanced; after that make sure to choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now be sure to be back in the tablet’s Recovery screen. The next step to perform is this one: opt for Install zip from SD card, select Choose zip from SD card and after that is accomplished, make sure you do the following: reach the Jelly Bean 4.3 custom firmware file with the keys used for Volume, then choose this file with “Power” and then confirm the file’s flashing.
- This process will only take a few minutes to end, so just wait for now. Then, once the flashing is over, you should go to Go Back first.
- Second task we have for you: restart your gadget. The method for rebooting your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 is this one: choose, from your tablet’s Recovery Menu, an option which is named Reboot System Now. You’re now done: the device is flashed with the Android 4.3 HellFire Jelly Bean custom ROM.
So, after your tablet has what it takes, take it out for a spin!