How to Root Motorola Droid RAZR M XT907
Change will do your Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907 a whole lot of good. In that vein, we’ll introduce it to SRSRoot, an essential rooting app. Let yourself be amazed by all the new stuff you’re about to discover!
In order to fully appreciate what root access is all about, our guide aims at installing this app on your device. Our method consists of several requirements and then some steps. But for now, this paragraph and the next are dedicated to the introduction of the SRSRoot. First of all, let’s mention this: the app is free. Second important info: there’s no limited number of devices it can be used on; or manufacturer name.
The advantages of this procedure
By using this tool, your phone’s Android 4.1.2 ICS doesn’t go anywhere. The app is more than compatible with various other Android versions. The freeware is known to get everything done without problems such as bloatware or viruses. Powered by an SRS Server, today’s rooting instrument won’t mind unrooting your Droid RAZR M XT907 should you want the root access revoked.
This next paragraph talks about the app’s benefits. These here are the first: root-only apps and customization tools. The phone’s CPU is dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait. You won’t experience its slow speeds anymore; this dedicated app is about to deliver a faster speed. To enjoy root access, you need a Build ID. Use the one that makes you comfortable. The SRSRoot doesn’t mind which version you need. The ID we settled upon was 9.8.1Q-78. The next list of novelties is made of custom ROMs and new features. Battery tools are also made available; as is admin / superuser permission.
Your smartphone will need to be parted from its warranty. That’s what happens when root access is on-board. It’s important that you select a guide with your Droid RAZR M in it; only so will the warranty return. Then, when the rooting is completed and an upgrade is next on your list, you’ll need to worry about some stuff. The procedure we mentioned is enough to damage these: the root access and the system partition. Rest assured that the handset’s important data won’t go anywhere.
Time to look at our essential requirements:
- your laptop needs to launch this site;
- once done with that, look for USB drivers that are only compatible with the phone;
- download them and then install them on the notebook;
- locate USB Debugging on the smartphone after that;
- activate this option;
- the data contained by your handset must be protected against security issues, so back it up;
- perform a full NANDroid backup;
- the rooting needs a notebook which features Windows;
- the handset’s battery has to be charged;
- the security programs on the notebook must be turned off;
- the security programs which arrive with your Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907 must also be turned off.
Step by step instructions
You’re all set up for our very important rooting steps. The way to perform them is explained in the next couple of paragraphs!
- Our first task for you is this one: find the SRSRoot app at this address. Use the notebook for this action and launch, on it, the link we mentioned. After the device has accessed the page, click on a download button which is there.
- The end of the download will leave you with the freeware. Go to it and flash the app on your notebook.
- Your next move should be this one: launch the SRSRoot and activate Settings on the handset. The task which has to be performed now asks you to enable Unknown Sources, an option which you’ll see appear under the Settings one.
- If the previous options are now activated, we need you to do the following: tap USB Debugging. You’re not going to be asked this if the option’s already enabled.
- Instead, we recommend this step: plug the phone to your notebook. The two will enter a connection after you use the smartphone’s USB cable.
- Here’s what must happen after a connection is created: begin the rooting. This is something which should be done using a certain method. The latter is accessible; just enable the option known as Root Device (All Methods).
- This is the part where you need to let the handset complete the procedure on its own. The Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907 will be able to end the rooting in 11 minutes.
- If it doesn’t do that in less than 15 minutes, you will need to solve this problem. There is a very easy way of doing it: repeat the steps. Is the issue solved? If yes, move on to our final step. In case the problem is not solved, tell us by using the comment box below our post.
- When the rooting is over at last, don’t forget to restart the handset. Its Reboot System Now option is what we need you to tap next. This makes it easy for the Droid RAZR M XT907 to enter the rebooting mode.
As soon as it’s done with this, the smartphone will invite you to explore the novelties delivered by the root access. Should they fall short of what you wanted in the beginning, how about unrooting the device with the SRSRoot freeware?