Update Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to Jelly Bean 4.3 Unofficial CM10.2 custom ROM
Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 Verizon has captured the hearts of many smartphone fans. That is one of the reasons why they should know that this handset can be updated to Unofficial CM10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
This update comes with those features which will make your phone outshine many others. What you should expect from this particular tool: virtual surround sound, a longer lasting battery, new options which will help customize your device and many other goodies. Find out how to have this update from our tutorial!
As long as you begin with the following requirements, the rest of this guide will go on smoothly. Here are the pre-requisites:
- root the device;
- install CWM Recovery or TWRP;
- open your phone and turn on USB Debugging on it;
- charge the battery of your Galaxy Nexus I515;
- make backups via this guide;
- flash USB Drivers which your smartphone approves of on your personal comp.
How to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- The steps that we promised above are ready to introduce you to the tutorial. Download, after you find them on the Internet, Google Apps package (available here) and unofficial Jelly Bean 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM (file name: cm-10.2-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-toro.zip) on the notebook, then assure a connection between your phone and the latter with the aid of the handset’s USB cable.
- Copy, once the two devices are plugged to one another, the files from the desktop of your laptop to the SD card of the Galaxy Nexus I515. Unplug, afterwards, the latter from the notebook.
- Then enter the handset into Recovery Mode by pressing and simultaneously holding Volume Down, Volume Up and Power; do not do that anymore after the display begins to flicker.
- Simply create a NANDroid backup by opting for “Backup & Restore” and after that for “Backup“; to perform the rest of the guide, you should return to the phone’s Recovery Menu from where you have to do some tasks of system wiping.
- Begin with these instructions: opt for “Factory Reset/Wipe Data“, choose “Yes” and wait for the erase procedure to end. Continue with these guidelines: return to the Recovery Menu and choose “Wipe Cache Partition“.
- Now opt for “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and you will have completed the three wiping actions. Then select these: “Install zip from SD card” and “Choose zip from SD card“.
- Go to the CM10.2 ROM zip file. Then choose it with “Power” and opt for “Yes – Install cm-10.2-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-toro.zip” to have the process confirmed.
- The Gapps archive is going to require a flashing, too, so redo the steps that flashed the other file. Confirm this, as well, then return to the Recovery Menu of your Samsung I515.
- From there, we recommend you to opt for the restarting option. After the device has just rebooted, it will sport the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM. Which you’ve wished for all along!
NOTE: Try the following should your phone get stuck in a boot loop: choose the “Wipe Cache Partition” and then the “Wipe Dalvik Cache” first. Then reboot your I515.
The handset may be restored to its old ROM if you comply with certain instructions. Such as these: enter the phone into the Recovery, opt for “Backup & Restore” and wait for a particular list to pop up. Choose the ROM from there.