How to Root LG G2 D800
You can always improve your LG G2. The secret is to find an appropriate rooting material for it. Which is precisely what we have for you today.
From the very start it should be said that we’re using SRSRoot. There are many qualities associated with this free app. Each of them will do their best to improve the phone. When the app’s found its place on your device, you’ll enjoy an LG G2 whose quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 CPU gets faster.
Your smartphone has a 2013 release date. It’s available under these names: LG G2 D800 (for AT&T), LG G2 D802 (for Europe), D802TA (for Australia), D803 (for Canada), VS980 (for Verizon) and LS980 (for Sprint). The operating system it uses is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The SRSRoot app is compatible with all of the Android versions.
The benefits of this method
You will quickly get access to new features and also root-only apps. Also, get ready for customization and battery tweaks followed by numerous custom ROMs. Using the new rooting material means superuser and admin permission, too. Perfect for a rooting, the freeware’s also available as an unrooting option. Your handset won’t welcome bloatware or security problems when the SRSRoot is used. Today’s app is powered by an SRS Server and you should have a Build ID at the ready; it doesn’t matter which one’s your favorite. We made use of this one for your handset’s rooting: JDQ39B.
It’s very important to know what a rooting can damage. You don’t lose much. Only the warranty is revoked; but this doesn’t stay away from your LG G2 for too long. It’s important that you restore it via a compatible guide.
A much more important consequence appears if your rooted phone is upgraded. The procedure brings with it the loss of the root access coupled with the loss of the root access. All other essential elements are fully preserved.
Pre-requisites play one of the most important parts in a rooting. Therefore, we’re bringing you the ones that are needed today:
- click on this link after opening your laptop’s web browser;
- The page that will open has USB drivers which must be downloaded and then flashed on that laptop;
- the smartphone’s USB Debugging should be turned on;
- a regular backup should be created;
- once one is made, a full NANDroid backup has to be created;
- the laptop must function with a Windows OS;
- the security programs inside the LG G2 need to be deactivated;
- also, disable the security programs on the phone;
- time to provide the handset with a battery recharge.
Step by step instructions
- If by now you’re done performing the above, let’s dive into the steps. It’s indicated to start by finding a place to download the SRSRoot from on your laptop. The site you’re looking for is this.
- When the page is launched, a download button will appear before you. You should do the following with this button: click it to begin the download.
- Next, do this: go to where the app’s been downloaded. Install the flash-able file on the laptop; also, open it on your device. Now tap these options on the smartphone: Settings and Unknown Sources (which is under the other option).
- Already done with the previous steps? In case you are, time for this task: enable, on the same phone, its USB Debugging. It’s important that you do it only if this option hasn’t been activated yet; which you were supposed to do for the pre-requisites.
- Here is what you must do now: create, with the phone’s USB cord, a plugging. The latter must be established between the laptop and your LG G2. As soon as a plugging is performed, you can get to the most important phase.
- Which is the following: enter the handset in the rooting mode. You should help the device do that by enabling one of its options. This one, specifically: Root Device (All Methods). You have to wait approximately 15 minutes when done with the tapping.
- Does the rooting make you wait longer? You should, in this case, step back and make sure the previous steps are performed again.
- After they are, the last step will have to be considered. It requires the phone’s owner to turn on Reboot System Now. When you do that, the handset will go into rebooting mode. If you see the device coming back to life after a couple of minutes, you’ll know the guide’s over.
As soon as that’s the case, we recommend the following: use the novelties. Your LG G2 may feel great with them on it. It may also feel uncomfortable, so much so that you’d want to revoke the root access. If you remember, the SRSRoot is able to unroot a gadget. So use this app to do that!
Our tutorial’s joined by a box you can leave comments and questions in.