Install UBUAMF5 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S4 Mini I9195
Any day is a good day to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 to UBUAMF5 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. If you think today is that day for you, then have a look at the tutorial we are offering today and you won’t regret it.
We will now introduce our readers to all the requirements which are a must-have in all the guides we’ve ever written:
- after you locate, online, USB drivers for the phone, you need to download them on your notebook;
- charge the battery of the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195;
- create backups using this guide;
- use the model which is already factory unlocked;
- turn on USB Debugging on your handset;
- don’t root or flash a custom recovery image on your smartphone, since the guide will work without these two elements;
- the tutorial here is for your I9195 model, but the firmware we are using can be flashed on every Galaxy S4 Mini version;
- follow the steps below.
The Android 4.2.2 UBUAMF5 official firmware will, if your handset is already rooted, get rid of root access on the device. In other words: your phone will need to pass through a rooting procedure again after you perform our tutorial.
How to flash UBUAMF5 on Galaxy S4 Mini
- Here is what you should do to upgrade your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195. Begin by downloading the following zip files on your laptop: Odin tool v3.07 and the UBUAMF5 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 stock firmware (file name: I9195UBUAMF5_I9195CHEAMF5_CHE.zip).
- Unzip only the second package on your PC, wait until all the files are settled on the latter and after that do the following: turn the handset off and then boot it into the standard Download Mode by pressing and holding, at the same time, Volume Down and Power; make sure you stop doing that when Samsung’s logo appears on the display (or Android’s logo).
- Come back to your laptop and launch Odin on it, then plug the smartphone to the PC by using the USB cord that is part of the Galaxy S4 Mini I9195.
- To quickly find out if the plugging happened, you should wait til you see an ID:COM box become yellow and a COM port number accompanying it; and, should you not see this happen, then make sure you do this: use a different USB port or flash the USB Drivers on your comp again.
- Flash the files below by following our guidelines:
- once you tap PDA, you should choose a file that boasts CODE in its name;
- then click on Phone and afterwards opt for a file sporting MODEM in its name;
- when done with the above, tap CSC and remember to choose a file wearing CSC in the name;
- finish off by tapping PIT and after that choosing a file with a .pit extension in it.
- Should the files above not make an entrance anywhere on the display, ignore the instructions and select these boxes: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition (this one should be checked only in case you chose the file with the .pit extension above), then tap START and sit back while the UBUAMF5 is flashed on the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
- The process should end in around 5 minutes, so you’d better wait for that to happen, then see if the handset restarts on its own; if yes, then wait for the device to show you its home screen. Which means you get to do this: disconnect the devices from each other.
Now pay a very short visit to your device’s “About phone”, since this is where you will see the UBUAMF5 Android 4.2.2 JB official firmware in all of its splendor waiting for you to test it out.