How to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 UBUEML1 Firmware
If there’s something Galaxy S4 I9500 needs is an update. UBUEML1 is the firmware which is going to make sure that the newest Android 4.3 is running on your smartphone. You can install this firmware by following our guide below.
The new firmware first appeared this month for Argentina with its KIES logo turned off. So, if you were thinking of using the KIES software for the upgrade, think again: only our tutorial or OTA (via the Software Update button under Settings menu) can work for your device. To successfully use the OTA (over the air) method, your smartphone must be featuring a stock ROM.
Since the new firmware is only suitable for the Galaxy S4 I9500, don’t go using another phone. You will brick it if you do that. Here are the novelties delivered by the UBUEML1: tweaks which will improve the performance of the device, a much better battery life, new options, a list with many new apps and new features. To customize your phone, you will be able to use many varied tweaks. No bugs will appear during the time you use your smartphone.
There are some downsides to updating your Galaxy S4: the system partition will be erased and root access will be revoked. You can root it once again anyway. But the important data and internal/external SD cards won’t be damaged.
To fully enjoy the goodies above, you first have to consider these requirements:
- create backups (a regular and a full NANDroid backup);
- disable the notebook’s and handset’s security software while performing the tutorial;
- turn on USB Debugging on your phone;
- if the battery unit displays low charge levels, fully charge it;
- download the I9500UBUEML1 official firmware (the Argentina version from here) and Odin from this page on the notebook;
- install, on the notebook, USB drivers that work with your handset;
- the only accepted operating system for your notebook or PC for this guide must be Windows.
Then be sure to perform all of our steps to enjoy an updated Galaxy S4 I9500.
- The first thing you must do for the time being: after the Odin and the new ROM are saved on the laptop, move on to their extraction. For this, use WinZip or a similar software.
- Then boot the device in Download Mode by following this method: at the same time press + hold Volume Down, Power and Home and the logo of the phone’s manufacturer should pop up. When the latter comes on the screen, be sure to let go of these buttons, wait for a warning screen to appear and then press Volume Up to conclude this step.
- If you are done with this, you should simply open, on your notebook, the Odin as an Admin. After doing this, we recommend this action: plug, with the aid of the handset’s USB cable, the Galaxy S4 I9500 to the notebook, then wait for a connection to be established between them.
- If it is, you will see an ID:COM box in yellow along with this message: “Added!!“. In case no such connection happens, you need to opt for one of these methods: use a different USB port or install the USB drivers one more time on the laptop.
- After a successful plugging has happened, you have to tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- After successfully performing that, you need to check the boxes labelled Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. After each of them is successfully activated, do this: click on “Start” to activate the installation of the new firmware.
- If the phone restarts afterwards and displays, in green, a message reading “Pass“, the flashing will have been successful. Which means the following: remove the USB cord that’s connecting your two devices to each other. The UBUEML1 firmware is now yours to play with. To find it, you need to click on Settings, then tap About Phone.
Should you prefer your phone’s previous ROM, you can restore it. Here’s how: find the NANDroid backup file first, then use it to revoke the upgrade procedure.
Did you face problems during our guide and you want to ask us something? Include them in the comment section below!