Update Galaxy Young GT-S6310 to XXAMC3 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Young S6310 needed something fresh to lure its users into spending more time with it. So when we got wind of a new tool – the XXAMC3 – appearing on specialized Internet sites, we snatched the opportunity and made a tutorial on how to update this phone to Android 4.1.2 with its help.
Let us tell you what to do before we start spilling out the steps for our guide: turn on USB debugging on your GT-S6310, make backups, if the battery shows signs of not having enough life you need to charge it, use a laptop that comes with Windows (if you prefer either Mac or Linux instead, you should use CrossOver Utility to run Odin) and install USB Drivers made specifically for this smartphone.
- For step one you need to download Android 4.1.2 JB S6310XXAMC3 and Odin tool on your comp, then extract them to gain access to their content. Once .tar.md5 and Odin 3.07 tool are on your laptop, you will have to turn the Young S6310 off.
- Be sure to enter the handset into Download Mode. Like this: press and hold Volume Down and Home while you press Power; after “Warning!” is on the screen, you will need to press Volume Up. Run Odin3 v3.07.exe using the Administrator permissions by right-clicking on .exe, then choosing the correct option.
- Plug the phone to the laptop and wait for a message saying “Added!!” to pop under the message box that belongs to Odin (in case of an issue: install the drivers once more or use a different USB port) and for a COM port with a yellow number to be spotted. After the two products are connected to each other, you will need to opt for a certain number of files that are shown below:
– a file called .tar with CODE in its name; it should appear as soon as you click on PDA
– a file that has MODEM as part of its name and which will cone on the display after clicking on Phone.
– the file sporting CSC in the name it has; click on CSC to have access to this one.
– the file called .pit that will pop in only after you click on Pit.
A possibility that none of the files may appear on the screen may very well exist. When that happens, don’t lose heart and instead check to see if F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are opted for. Likewise, see whether or not Re-partition is chosen; but do that only should you have selected the .pit file.
- For step four your task will be to hit Start after you have performed all of the above. The installation of the update will begin. Its completion will bring about the restarting of the Galaxy Young S6310.
- A message that reads PASS and a background painted green will be shown on top of the Odin.
- When you see it, step six will require you to unplug the Galaxy GT-S6310 from the laptop and to enjoy the official Android 4.1.2 on the former.