How to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos SCH-I589
You may have experienced some problems with your Galaxy Ace Duos SCH-I589. They might be a weak battery, not so many customization options and so on. If you don’t want any of them, you can try a rooting. The phone’s issues will be solved easily. If that sounds alright to you, we invite you to root your device with this tutorial.
It’s time for your Samsung smartphone to try SRSRoot. This app’s recommended by its many useful goodies. They aren’t limited to, say, new features. This is a tool which offers so much more than that. There’s custom ROMs and root-only apps, for one. You can also experiment this: tweaks to customize the experience, feel, looks and so on of your device. If you’ve wanted better battery life, you will get it, too. The phone is going to boast superuser and admin permission as well as those new features we talked about.
The benefits of this method
The new rooting app we chose is powered by SRS Server. You can also use it if you want to strip the handset of root access. Android 2.2 Froyo is the operating system that’s supported by your phone. This dedicated app agrees with it and as such it won’t erase it from the handset. A Build ID we used for the rooting of your smartphone was FROYO.EH05. If you choose to use a different firmware, this app lets you do that. This tool also lets you use it on various brands.
The only negative thing to point out about today’s rooting: it comes with a price. There’s this to consider first: the warranty. Your smartphone’s about to have it revoked. If the handset is updated, other disadvantages will come to life. The Galaxy Ace Duos I589 will have to deal with a deleted system partition. Then it will have to make do without its root access. But it won’t go through deleted data or damaged internal / external SD cards.
The rooting cannot start if you don’t follow these pre-requisites:
- save the most crucial data on your phone by making sure one or more standard backups are performed;
- a full NANDroid backup is up on your list of things to do;
- turn on the option on your phone known as USB Debugging;
- your laptop must sport Windows as its main OS version;
- the handset must have a fully charged battery;
- USB drivers for your Galaxy Ace Duos SCH-589 have to be flashed on the laptop;
- the security software in use on the laptop have to be disabled now;
- then disable the phone’s security software.
Step by step instructions
You’re going to have to perform some steps from this moment on. They are responsible for delivering that much-wanted root access.
- The steps to perform first of all indicates these actions: open this page in your browser, then click on the download button you’ll spot on it. That’s the site which has the SRSRoot app.
- By clicking on the button we mentioned, the app will be downloaded on your notebook. After it is, go to the file, install it and then launch it.
- You should now perform this: click on Menu on the phone, then on Settings. Somewhere under the latter should be Unknown Sources. Your job is to click on this option so as to turn it on.
- After it’s enabled, go to USB Debugging and do the same for it. But if this option’s already been enabled, move on by plugging the Samsung SCH-I589 to your laptop.
- This part should be performed with the USB cable belonging to the smartphone. Wait until the connection is initiated.
- You will, once the plugging is established, need to begin the handset’s rooting phase. This is something that’s initiated by the tapping of a certain option. Which is this one: Root Device (All Methods).
- After the rooting starts, wait till it finished. An amount of 15 minutes should be the waiting time. If this rooting takes more than that, it’s recommended that you try repeating the guide.
- If, however, you don’t deal with problems, you have to restart the Galaxy Ace Duos SCH-I589. That way you’ll easily get access to what a rooting’s goodies are all about.
In case you don’t feel great about having root access, the latter can be revoked via the same software: the SRSRoot app.
For questions, take a look at the comment field below and use it.