How to Flash Android 4.2.2 ZMUAML7 on Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3818
Arm yourselves with your Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3818 as we take you on a trip which will end in your device being updated to Android 4.2.2.
The firmware which is going to provide the newest Android version goes by the name of ZMUAML7. It just came out for China and you should use only the smartphone we indicated if you want to go through a successful procedure. Otherwise your phone will be bricked if it’s not the Galaxy Win Pro G3818.
Is your handset rooted? If it is, having the new firmware on it shall affect it like this: the root access will be revoked and the system partition will be wiped. Don’t worry about the internal/external SD cards and important data: they will be spared from damage.
You won’t be able to use KIES for the upgrade since the KIES logo is not turned on. But you can use, instead, OTA with the aid of the Software Update button under Settings menu in case you don’t want to update your phone with this guide. The latter option requires a Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3818 which sports a stock ROM.
The ZMUAML7 will allow for the following novelties: USB debug white-list, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading and a whole new set of download notifications.
Pre-requisites are now the next part of our guide, so:
- create several backups (a regular one and a full NANDroid backup, made with these instructions);
- the only OS running on your notebook must be Windows;
- USB drivers for the Galaxy Win Pro SM-G3818 must be downloaded on the laptop;
- look at the battery icon of your handset and, if charge levels are low, charge the battery;
- disable all of your laptop’s and phone’s security programs and enable them once the update is achieved;
- USB Debugging needs to be turned on.
Step by step instructions
- The first step requires you to download, on your laptop, these packages: Odin tool from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZMUAML7 (you will be able to get the China version from this site).
- The files that are part of the two packages must be extracted on the notebook next, so use, for this procedure, one of these solutions: WinZip or WinRar.
- Your smartphone should be booted in Download Mode for the next step, so be sure to press and simultaneously hold Volume Down, Home and Power, wait until the boot screen is shown and then do this: press Volume Up.
- If you are done, open the Odin on the laptop as Admin.
- Here is how you should establish a connection between your SM-G3818 and the notebook: use the USB cord that arrived with the handset and plug it between your two devices. Keep it like that till you see either a yellow ID:COM box or an “Added!!” message. If they’re not shown on the screen, feel free to either flash the USB drivers once more or simply use another USB port.
- In case there’s no issue with the connection, you are allowed to move on by clicking on BL and then doing the following: choose a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- As for what needs to be done next, here you go: check Auto Reboot, Re-partition and after that activate F. Reset Time.
- Now tap “Start” and wait for the flashing of the new firmware to end. Which is going to happen after a couple of minutes. Your Samsung SM-G3818 shall then reboot and display “Pass” on the screen.
- Once that happens, you should unplug the smartphone from your laptop, go to Settings on the handset and tap About Phone.
This is how you’ll find the Android 4.2.2 ZMUAML7 official firmware to test it. In case you prefer the old ROM over this one, we advise you to use the NANDroid backup to regain it. The update procedure will then be revoked.
Do you have problems and want to ask us something? The comment field below is waiting for your questions and comments.