Flash Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Official Firmware on Sony Xperia Z C6602/C6603
Xperia Z C6602/C6603 is the smartphone that we want to update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.423 official firmware for today. If you want that, too, then follow our tutorial.
The tool was made so that users of the Xperia Z C6602/C6603 can enjoy notification toggle buttons, bug fixes, a stabler operating system and other important features which will assure a great user experience.
Your smartphone will also get to experience the above if you update it. So here are the requirements for our tutorial: make a backup using these instructions, flash USB drivers for the phone on your notebook from here, charge the battery of your handset and turn on USB Debugging. Because the guide will cause your phone to lose its root access, you will need to root the device one more time.
You can update your smartphone via 2 methods: Sony flash tool and Sony Companion/Bridge.
How to use Sony flash tool to update Xperia Z
Here is what you need to do for the first method.
- First: download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for your phone model (either the Xperia Z C6603 for Netherlands for Spain or the C6602) on your laptop, then download the Sony Flashtool to the notebook, as well and after that initiate the execution of the flashtool.exe file using the double click method.
- After the latter is flashed on the phone, you will come across, in the C: drive, a flashtool directory where you will find a file labelled Flashtool-0.9.11.0-windows.exe.
- Now open the flashtool by double-clicking on its icon and then plug the phone to your PC. Once done with those tasks, you should copy .ftf file to the C: / flashtool / firmwares folder on your notebook and the click, into the flashtool, a lightning icon.
- Then click on flashmode; after you tap OK, you need to wait for a window to pop on the screen and then check the following: Data, Cache and Appslog. These boxes should be selected in case you want to wipe your smartphone before you install the update tool; if not, then don’t check anything.
- To continue: browse, from source folder, and then opt for .ftf in the flashtool / firmware. .ftf; now press flash.
- Next move to complete: do as you are instructed on the display and then disconnect the smartphone from your laptop. Switch the handset off and enter it in Flash Mode like this: press and hold Volume Down while you plug the smartphone to your notebook.
- Now do as follows: check the flashtool on your laptop and, if it continues to run and then to flash the .ftf, then everything’s going well.
After the process of flashing is done, as shown by a message that reads “Flashing finished”, you can switch the handset on. The phone is now updated to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.423, which is in the “Android & Baseband version” of the smartphone (access that by going to Settings and tapping About Phone).
How to use Sony Companion/Bridge
Here is how to get the update with Sony Companion/Bridge.
- First task: flash Sony Companion for Windows (or Sony Bridge in case your comp runs Mac) on your laptop/PC.
- Then have the smartphone connected to your notebook and after that is done you have to launch, on your PC, the Sony Companion/Sony Bridge.
- Then look around until you spot the update inside the Sony Bridge/Sony Companion, after which make sure to press the button saying Firmware Upgrade.
- You will see a box that will ask you to agree with the usual Terms and Conditions; so press Start Upgrade next and then have patience until the download and then until the flashing are both over. Then the phone is going to run the update firmware. After that it should reboot on its own. The tool will then show up in the same Android & Baseband section of the C6602/C6603.