Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMGA Official Firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505
All eyes on deck: Galaxy S4 I9505 will be updated to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA Jelly Bean official firmware by this guide. The owner of such a smartphone has nothing to fear after they update their device: they will only get to experience many useful and interesting features and no bug in sight.
Those features will make your handset a joy to behold and use, as there are innumerable ways to customize it and improve the performance.
Our list of pre-requisites for this tutorial starts with the following:
- use the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 that is not locked to a carrier or the factory;
- charge the phone’s battery unit fully;
- flash, on your PC, the sort of USB drivers which your smartphone is in need of from this place;
- create backups via these instructions;
- turn on USB Debugging (go to Settings and then choose Developer Options where you will find that option.
How to flash XXUBMGA on Galaxy S4
- The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMGA stock firmware (file name: I9505XXUBMGA_I9505OXABMGA_DBT.zip) and Odin tool v3.07 are the two most important files that you need to find a place for on the notebook you use.
- Then unzip each of them; .tar.md5 along with Odin v3.07.exe are the main files which you will see on the display after the extraction is over and they are the ones to help with this tutorial.
- Switch your Galaxy S4 I9505 off and then enter it into Download Mode by just doing the following at the same time: Volume Down, Home and Power; when Android’s logo pops on the screen, stop what you were doing with those keys and instead press Volume Up.
- The Download Mode having been booted into by your smartphone, you can start running the Odin tool as Admin on your laptop and then plug your handset to your PC with the handset’s USB cord. Look for “Added!!” on the display and for an ID:COM box painted in yellow, since those are the general signs of a successful plugging activity; in the case of a failed connection, do this: use a different USB port or flash the USB Drivers again.
- Below you will find those files which have to be flashed on the phone; but they are not compulsory, so if you don’t see them, that’s totally fine:
- opt for PDA and then for a file with either .md5 or .tar in the name
- tap Phone and then opt for a file that is written with MODEM inside the name
- now click on CSC, search a file with CSC in the name and opt for it
- then tap PIT and locate a file with .pit as its extension.
- While the Galaxy S4 I9505 is in Odin, we have these tasks for you: select only those boxes which read Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, but only opt for the first box if the .pit file was selected earlier.
- Now click on a button that reads START; the latter is the one which will begin the flashing of the update tool. As usual, wait, then the handset will restart. Then it will give you PASS on the display; so for the last two tasks you should first disconnect the Galaxy S4 I9505 from your notebook and then go to About Phone. The latter is the place where the Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA Jelly Bean official firmware has found its home.
NOTE: Let’s think of this possible scenario: your smartphone cannot shake itself from a boot animation that goes on a loop. The way to get rid of that is to:
- go to the Recovery Mode;
- opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- choose Wipe Cache Partition;
- choose the handset’s restarting option.