Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905 to Android 4.4.2 XXUANAE
Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905 will be announced next month in Barcelona. Until it is, you can already learn how to update it to Android 4.4.2 in case you want to buy it!
This new tablet is stoked-full with novelties and specs. And, with XXUANAE, you will be able to experience the Android 4.4.2 which in itself brings some major goodies.
But first, the new firmware is aimed only at those of you who live in Italy and own the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905. You mustn’t use our tutorial on another tablet; you will only manage to brick it.
The new official firmware will make it easy to enjoy a lack of App Ops app and bug fixes. You will also notice the following: new security enhancements. To do that, you can use either this guide or OTA (because the KIES logo is not turned on). To upgrade this gadget with the OTA (via the Software Update button under the tablet’s Settings menu), the device must have a stock ROM.
Having the XXUANAE on-board your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905 will also have its cons. If the tablet features root access, the latter shall be revoked after you’ve updated the gadget. Another bad thing about the new firmware: your tablet’s system partition is sure to be deleted as soon as the procedure’s been performed on it. But you can stop worrying about the internal/external SD cards and important data: they won’t be affected.
We now want you to concentrate on these requirements:
- observe the battery icon and, in case charge levels are low, charge the tablet;
- the security solutions present on the tablet and the notebook must be disabled for the procedure;
- only a notebook with Windows on it is accepted for our guide
- you will find here USB drivers for your tablet. Download them on your laptop;
- your gadget must have USB Debugging turned on;
- create a regular backup to save your tablet’s data;
- make a full NANDroid backup after that.
Step by step instructions
Having just performed these pre-requisites, you can begin the upgrade at last.
- Here is how to do it: be sure to download, on your laptop, the KitKat 4.4.2 XXUANAE (the Italy version is here) and Odin v3.09 from this page. With either WinRar or 7Zip you should do this: extract the packages.
- Proceed to the booting of your tablet into Download Mode next. To make that happen, you need to press and hold simultaneously the keys dedicated to this task.
- Then do as follows: go to the Odin, launch it as an Admin and take the USB cable of your tablet. You will need to use the latter to establish a connection between the gadget and the laptop.
- After you’ve used that cord, wait till a yellow ID:COM box appears. You should also see an “Added!!” message pop up. This means that the connection was successful. In case it isn’t, you can give it another try by either flashing the USB drivers once again or by using another USB port.
- When done with this, click on BL, be sure to choose a file with BL in the name and then tap AP. Continue by opting for a file with AP in the name, tapping CP, opting for a file with CP in its name, tapping CSC, choosing a file which has CSC in the name, tapping PIT and selecting a file with an extension called .pit.
- A few boxes must now be checked. Their names are Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. Your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905 is now fully prepared for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- To commence the flashing of this firmware, we suggest tapping “Start”, then waiting for a bit. You will know that the installation is completed after the tablet restarts and displays a message saying “Pass”.
- Make sure you do this once you see that: unplug yor tablet from your laptop. There’s one more thing to do: find the new firmware by tapping Settings and then clicking on About Tablet.
If you feel like there’s something missing from the XXUANAE or your device fails to feel enhanced, the old ROM can be brought back. Which is possible with the NANDroid backup file. After the ROM is restored, the update procedure will have been revoked from your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P605.
In case you feel confused about something, go ahead and leave comments or questions below.