How to Install Android 4.3 XXUBMK3 on Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605
Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 is featuring today on our site because XXUBMK3 came out for Hungary (T-Mobile). Why is that so great? Because your tablet can be updated to Android 4.3 with it! Leave it to us to show you how.
The main points of interest about the new firmware are its novelties. Install it on the Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 and you will get to play with them at once. But before we can tell you more about them: don’t use another device for the upgrade. If you do, it will end up damaged. So here are the goodies we mentioned: new features, a great performance due to a whole variety of tweaks and options. Add to that longer battery due to the loads of numerous tweaks on-board. There are also new apps, numerous customization options and no damaging bugs.
If your tablet is rooted, the XXUBMK3 will make sure that the root access is revoked. Your tablet’s system partition is also going to be affected: it will be deleted. The internal and external SD cards and the important content will stay safe.
There’s no possibility to update the Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 with the KIES software. However, you can use OTA (over the air with the Software Update button under Settings menu) if you prefer this method over our tutorial. Be sure to have a stock ROM running on your gadget in case the OTA is used.
Feel free to follow these pre-requisites next:
- your tablet’s battery must, if it’s empty, be fully charged;
- download USB drivers for the tablet on your notebook;
- the security options running on the Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 and the laptop need to be turned off (you can turn them back on once the update is over);
- make backups following these instructions (one of them must be a full NANDroid one, generated with this tutorial);
- enable, on the tablet, USB Debugging;
- we recommend using a notebook that runs Windows.
Step by step instructions
After you’ve done as instructed above, you can now perform the first task.
- We will ask you to download these on your notebook: Odin3 v3.09.exe and the Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUBMK3 (here is the Hungary T-Mobile variant). One of these options should be chosen for the unzipping of the packages: WinZip or WinRar.
- If you’re done with the previous step, continue with the one that needs you to do this: enter the tablet in Download Mode. You should perform the following to do this: press and hold Volume Down as well as Power at the same time, look for a screen of warning to be displayed and end this by pressing Volume Up instead.
- Launch the Odin on the laptop as Admin. Your tablet and your notebook must be connected to each other now.
- Here is where the USB cable of your Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 comes in: use it for the plugging. After a couple of minutes you will see the following: “Added!!” and then an ID:COM box in yellow. If the two are nowhere to be seen, we recommend one of these methods: use another USB port or re-flash the USB drivers.
- Then tap BL and opt for a file with BL in the name. Perform these actions afterwards: click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Your display will then have some boxes on it. You need to check these: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time.
- Click on “Start” after you are done. The installation of the Jelly Bean 4.3 will then commence. As soon as it’s done, your tablet will alert you by first restarting and then showing up with “Pass” on the display.
- It is now time to perform this last step: unplug the devices from one another. If there’s no connection between them anymore, you can now find the new firmware and pass it through some tests of your own. But first, locate it like this: tap About Tablet as soon as you’ve clicked on Settings.
If the XXUBMK3 fails your tests, you have the option to reclaim the previous ROM. How to do that is easy: just use the NANDroid backup file we advised you to create before. With that, the upgrade is going to be revoked.
For comments and questions, refer to the section below.