Install XXUDMGG Android 4.2.2 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
If you’re up for a lesson on how to upgrade Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.2.2, stay with us and you’ll see how it’s done!
XXUDMGG is the particular stock firmware which, once flashed on your phone, will bring the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 operating system version and, with it, these features: the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, an absence of Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, a new set of download notifications and USB debug white-list.
Your device was announced officially this March. September 2013 was when today’s firmware was launched for the UK (Vodafone), Spain, Romania, Italy, Ireland, Switzerland (Swisscom), Germany (Vodafone), Czech Republic (Vodafone and T-Mobile) and Austria (A1).
Despite being released for so many regions, the new tool is only suitable for the Galaxy S4 I9505. If you update another handset with our method, your device will get bricked. Should OTA (with the Software Update button under Settings menu) be used for the upgrade, your device must be running a stock ROM. But if you want to use KIES, you won’t be able to because the KIES logo isn’t activated.
If you happen to own the rooted Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, the new update will wipe away the smartphone’s root access and the system partition. But don’t worry, the internal and external SD cards will stay in place and the important data won’t be deleted from your smartphone.
As for requirements, you will need to do the following:
- use a notebook which is running Windows;
- make a couple of backups (a regular one and a full NANDroid backup, generated with these instructions);
- don’t forget to install USB drivers for your particular handset on your notebook;
- your handset must have USB Debugging turned on;
- if your device’s battery is running low, charge it;
- make sure the security programs that come pre-installed on the laptop and your handset are all completely disabled for the remainder of this guide.
- You will now be put face to face with the instructions that are part of the first step, so do this: download, on your laptop, Odin tool from this page and the new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 I9505XXUDMGG from this location. You must insert the “XXUDMGG” term in the field labelled “Select your firmware” then you must press “Enter“. Once here, you must pick the appropriate file, compatible with your phone.
- After the download is performed, your attention should now be diverted to this step: enter your Samsung I9505 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Power and Home simultaneously, then wait for the Android logo and a screen of warning to appear and press Volume Up to be done with this step.
- You should then take the USB cable which belongs to the smartphone and use it to connect the latter to the notebook. Once “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow are shown on the screen, you will be able to move on to the next step since a connection has just been established between the two devices.
- If you’re already done with the plugging, you have to do the following next: tap PDA, select a file with CODE in the name, tap Phone, opt for a file with MODEM in the name, click on CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- There are some boxes which will require an activation: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and also F. Reset Time.
- Now that the three are all checked, you should tap “Start” if you want to have the new firmware installed on your handset. At the end of this process, the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 will eventually restart and, after its display shows a “Pass” message, you will know that the devices need to be unplugged.
Now that the handset is not connected to the laptop, you can go and experiment with the XXUDMGG firmware on your own.
In case it’s not what you expected it to be, there’s that NANDroid backup which can be used for this purpose: to restore the phone’s older ROM. In the meantime, the update will be revoked.
The comment section underneath this post is the place to use if you want to ask us something.