Flash Android 4.1.2 XXAMFN stock firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211
For today we want to teach you how to install new firmware on your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211. Its name is XXAMFN and it will update your tablet to Android 4.1.2.
Being released this year, the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T211 will be flashed with an August-launched stock firmware. These are the countries this tool came out for in summer: Switzerland, Spain, Romania (Cosmote), Poland, Nordic countries, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic. This month German users of the tablet also saw a release of this new firmware in their own country.
You won’t be able to update your gadget using Samsung’s KIES. The KIES logo doesn’t come turned on, so you can only use our guide or OTA (over the air using the Software Update button under Settings menu); for the latter, there must be a stock ROM running on your tablet.
This tool is only compatible with the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211. Which is why you shouldn’t use a different tablet. Why? Because it will be bricked.
As for what you can expect from the new firmware: extended Vsync timing, group cast, mini apps, sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, a fixed frame of 60 fps, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, touch anticipation, free style widget and a new keyboard.
The con of updating your device to the new tool includes the deletion of the system partition and this: your gadget’s root access will be revoked. The tablet’s important data as well as its internal/external SD cards won’t be affected.
Below are very important pre-requisites that you must follow:
- charge the battery of your tablet if the battery status shows it’s empty;
- make sure your notebook comes with Windows;
- create a regular backup and a full NANDroid one, via these instructions;
- turn off the security programs features running on your tablet and notebook;
- have USB Debugging turned on on the tablet;
- download USB drivers compatible with the tablet, from here on the notebook.
Step by step instructions
The following couple of paragraphs will tell you what steps to follow for updating your Galaxy Tab 3 T211 the right way.
- Download, first, these files on your laptop: the Android 4.1.2 XXAMFN and Odin tool, available here. The firmware can be found using the search option and the field labelled “Select your firmware“. Once the name of the firmware is introduced in the field and the “Enter” key is pressed, you will have access to the file necessary for this process.
- Use, for the second step, one of these tools to extract the content of the two packages: WinRar or WinZip. Once they’re unzipped on the notebook, you need to enter the gadget in Download Mode by doing as instructed here: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down + Home + Power first, then press Volume Up once the icon of Android pops up on the display.
- The Odin should be opened as Admin on your laptop for the next step, then do this: plug the tablet to the latter. To establish a connection, you need to make use of the tablet’s USB cord.
- Then, as soon as a yellow ID:COM box and an “Added!!” message are displayed, you will be able to move on with the tutorial. But if they don’t show up, you have to resort to other methods, so try one of these options out if you run into problems here: use a different USB port or install the USB drivers on your laptop again.
- As soon as a connection is established, you should go on by doing this: click on PDA, opt for a file with CODE in the name, tap Phone next, opt for a file with MODEM in the name, then tap CSC, select a file sporting CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file with .pit extension in the name.
- Check, for the next step, these boxes: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. The moment you are done with this, you have to tap “Start“.
- The new firmware will then begin to install on the tablet, so wait for that to end. The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 will then reboot; disconnect it from the laptop after “Pass” is displayed. The new XXAMFN firmware is currently in About Tablet, which you have to reach by tapping Settings.
But if the firmware fails to please you, the NANDroid backup should be used. Its exact role is to restore the previous ROM on your tablet by revoking the upgrade process.
If you have questions, the comment section underneath is ready for you!