Flash Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMJ1 Official Firmware on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
There’s a whole new way to update your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, and that’s via XXUBMJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. From what we saw for ourselves, this new stock ROM did wonders for our own copy of the phone.
Before you can also upgrade your own handset, you should mind these requirements:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- use the Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 whose factory is totally unlocked;
- save the data on your smartphone with the help of a backup (or more);
- install, on your laptop, USB drivers for your phone from here;
- charge the latter’s battery.
The Android 4.2.2 build XXUBMJ1 is official, like we’ve already written. Because of this, your phone shall have root access no more (in case you own the rooted model); that is why you should root your handset once more when you are done with the guide here.
But now, since the pre-requisites are behind us, let’s find out what steps your phone must pass through to get updated.
- Start this tutorial by making sure you do the following: download both the new I9082XXUBMJ1 stock ROM and Odin tool version 3.07 from here on your laptop.
- From these two files, only unzip the main one, then go on by powering your device off to smoothly enter it in Download Mode. This mode is to be entered like this: press and hold, together, the keys called Volume Down and Home, press only Power after that and stop only when you spot Android’s logo on the screen; then press Power once more, in order to confirm the fact that your handset needs to be booted into the Download Mode.
- Then, when your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 is in the right mode, proceed by launching the Odin on your notebook. Then start plugging the handset to the laptop with the USB cable that ships with the former device. Before a successful connection is achieved, you should see an “Added!!” message appear on the screen and a yellow-colored ID:COM box port.
- If the plugging turns out to be unsuccessful, you need to remedy this by either installing the USB drivers again or by selecting a different USB port to use. Then tap PDA and make sure you opt for a file with CODE in the name.
- Now tap Phone, choose a file that has MODEM in the name and then tap CSC. Afterwards opt for a file which sports CSC in the name, click on PIT and end by choosing a .pit file.
- Next item to be solved: check F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition; the last box needs to be chosen if the .pit file was chosen. Since you are still in Odin, you need to do the following: tap “Start“, wait for the update file to be flashed, then for the Grand Duos I9082 to reboot.
- You should then see the device’s home screen, meaning the following: time to disconnect the devices from one another.
The smartphone is now endowed with the Android 4.2.2 build XXUBMJ1 official firmware. Which is waiting for you in the handset’s “About Phone” after you tap “Settings“. All that is left now is for you to have a go at your new goodie.