Install Android 4.1.2 UBANA1 on Galaxy Fame Lite Duos GT-S6792L
Galaxy Fame Lite Duos GT-S6792L is embarking on a trip which will lead it to Android 4.1.2 via new firmware UBANA1. After being launched this month for Brazil (Claro), the firmware will be available for your smartphone if you follow our tutorial.
Don’t update another device with our guide: you will watch it get bricked. Keep in mind the following: because the KIES logo is not activated on the UBANA1, you can only get the new firmware via this tutorial or OTA (by using the Software Update button under the phone’s Settings menu). Our advice to you if you use the latter option: your handset must be sporting a stock ROM.
Root access, in case your device has it, will be revoked. Another unfortunate consequence of the update is this: the system partition shall be deleted. The internal/external SD cards and the phone’s important content will stay on.
The novelties of the procedure are significant. For one, you will experience extended Vsync timing, mini apps, pop up play and Google Now. Other important additions: free style widget, group cast, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets and a new keyboard. The last goodies you will experience on your phone: triple buffering, a fixed frame of 60 fps, all share, sync and connect email updates and also touch anticipation.
If the novelties are exciting, prepare for them by applying the following pre-requisites:
- a Windows-running laptop is needed;
- download (on your notebook) USB drivers that work with the smartphone;
- besides a standard backup, we must ask you to create a full NANDroid one, as well;
- turn off the security software featured on the notebook, then the security programs running on the handset;
- the battery of your Galaxy Fame Lite Duos GT-S6792L should be charged;
- if USB Debugging is not enabled, turn it on yourself.
Step by step instructions
- The update is now on. Your very first actions should be these: after you download Odin and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBANA1 (the Brazil Claro variant is here) on your notebook, you will have to extract, with WinZipr or 7Zip, their content.
- If done with the extraction, you have to do this: enter the smartphone in Download Mode. Which is very easy to do. Just follow our lead: press and hold, simultaneously, Volume Down, Home and Power. That’s not all: once a screen containing a warning pops up, you will be asked to press Volume Up.
- Now open, on your laptop, the Odin as Admin. The plugging of your handset to the notebook should begin now. Create this connection by using the USB cord of your Galaxy Fame Lite Duos GT-S792L. In a couple of seconds you will notice that Odin begins the search for your smartphone. When it locates it, the connection will start.
- The end of this process will be signaled by “Added!!” and a yellow ID:COM box. If you’re having trouble with the plugging, you can either use another USB port or flash, again, the USB drivers.
- If no problems are had, move on to this task: click on BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, click on AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Once this set of guidelines is also performed, we want you to do this: after you activated F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition, you have to tap “Start“.
- The latter is the action which is going to begin the installation of the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Galaxy Fame GT-S6792L. You won’t have long to wait until the procedure ends.
- If the flashing is done, the handset will restart. When it also comes up with “Pass” in green, you will know that the new firmware is finally part of your phone. Now unplug the S6792L from your laptop.
After you’re done with our last step, do this: go to Settings on your phone and tap About Phone. This will help show where the UBANA1 is and how to open it.
If you’ve found the new firmware alright, see if you’re fine with it. If not, the NANDroid backup will make a restoration of the old ROM possible. But if you go with that, the process will be revoked.
All of your comments and questions will be answered, so be sure to use the comment section below!