Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 running on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 UBDMD2 Official Firmware
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 which has Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UBDMD2 official firmware already running on it will be rooted today.
Which should have happened sooner, considering what sort of advantages come out of this procedure. Some of these pros: you can flash root-only apps on it, erase bloatware, install custom ROMs and so on.
But apart from these groovy things, your tablet’s warranty is going to leave your device. To bring it back where it belongs, you should do the following: install firmware update from Samsung and after that reset the flash counter to 0; TriangleAway is the app to do that last bit.
Pre-requisites should now be applied before the start of the rooting process:
- enable USB Debugging;
- create backups (as usual, we have to tell you that a full NANDroid backup must be operated, too);
- use the tablet which has both its bootloader and carrier unlocked;
- download Rooting File for your tablet (file name: CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.zip) together with Odin tool v3.07 on the notebook (available here);
- charge the gadget’s battery;
- install USB drivers for the Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 on the laptop.
- The next paragraphs contain the steps that are about to root your tablet. First: unzip the Rooting File and the Odin tool .zip file on your PC. CF-Auto-Root and Odin tool v3.07.exe are the files which are essential for our tutorial, so be sure to have them stored well.
- After you’ve spotted each of them on the notebook’s desktop, you should power the gadget off.
- Now enter it in Download Mode; the preferred method of doing this: simultaneously press + hold Volume Down and Power, let go when Android’s logo is on the display, then press Volume Up to end up in the Download Mode.
- Run the Odin tool v3.07.exe as Admin, then do this: plug your P5100 to the laptop. Two different elements will tell you if the devices are connected to each other: a COM port number whose color should be yellow and a message that should read “Added!!“.
- The USB drivers for your tablet will have to be re-installed on it if the plugging did not go as planned; or you can use a USB port which is completely different to the one you just employed.
- Now do the following: after you tap “PDA“, you need to choose CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.tar.md5 file and continue by checking Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Out of these three options, the first one has to be chosen only in case you ran across a file containing a .pit extension.
- The task to be completed next sounds like this: tap “Start“. Then wait for the rooting file to end up on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
- When the file is there, the gadget shall restart; afterwards its touchscreen will display “Pass” surrounded in green background. Meaning: disconnect the tablet from the notebook.
- To see if the tablet is rooted on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 UBDMD2 official firmware, you need to go to Google Play. Once you are in that place, look for Root Checker app. Download it on your tablet, then use it. Once everything is alright, you should test your newly rooted Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 by either installing apps requiring a rooted gadget, custom ROMs and such. Customize your tablet until you like how it looks and behaves.