Update Galaxy Trend S7560 to Android 4.0.4 XXAMG1 Stock Firmware
There’s a means to update your Galaxy Trend S7560 to Android 4.0.4 and we will detail the procedure in the tutorial below!
An official firmware has been released this past July (for Spain Movistar) and August (for Ireland O2 and Czech Republic) for the Galaxy Trend GT-S7560: XXAMG1. With it, your device will get the features and options which come with the Android 4.0.4. Such as these: smoothness when it comes to screen rotation, an improved phone number recognition and an improved camera. All of these goodies will improve the performance of your smartphone by a great deal.
We only recommend our guide if your handset is the Galaxy Trend S7560. Should you use a completely different model than the one we mentioned, you will brick it as soon as you install the new firmware on it.
Be warned: applying the upgrade on a rooted smartphone will revoke its root access and delete its system partition. The internal/external SD cards and the important data on your device will not go through damages. The firmware comes with the KIES logo turned off, so you cannot use Samsung’s KIES to update the smartphone. OTA works if you want to use this method instead of the tutorial we prepared.
Use our guide if the phone is running on a custom ROM and you can’t look for updates with the help of KIES or the OTA method.
To flash the new ICS 4.0.4 stock firmware on your handset, the latter must go through some requirements. Here they are:
- the battery of your phone must go through a full recharging;
- be sure to make many backups (apart from the regular one, you should also create a full NANDroid backup, too, via these instructions);
- turn on USB Debugging on your handset;
- be sure to install, on your notebook, USB drivers for the phone;
- turn off the security programs which come with both the phone and the laptop;
- your laptop should be running Windows instead of other operating systems.
Leave the pre-requisites behind you and follow the steps below now.
- We advise you to look for these packages online: the Android 4.0.4 XXAMG1 and Odin (from this location). When you locate them, make sure they’re both downloaded (the Spain Movistar version from here, the Ireland O2 version from here and the Czech Republic version from this place) and then saved on the laptop.
- Enter your smartphone in Download Mode by doing this: press and simultaneously hold Home, Volume Down and Power and, when you spot a warning display, press Volume Up and you’ll be done with this step.
- So now do the following: launch the Odin on the notebook as Admin. If you’re done, plug, with the phone’s USB cord, the device to your laptop and wait until a connection is successfully established.
- This will be proved by “Added!!” and an ID:COM box quickly becoming all yellow. If there’s nothing of the sort in sight, it’s best to install, again, the USB drivers on the laptop or make use of another USB port this time.
- We now need you to perform another kind of guidelines, which sound like this: click on PDA afterwards, select a file with CODE in the name, click on Phone, choose a file with MODEM in the name, tap CSC, opt for a file with CSC in its name, tap PIT after that and opt for a file that will have a .pit extension.
- You now have to do this: check only the three boxes named Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. As soon as the previous step is completed, you have to begin the flashing of the new firmware on your Samsung S7560 by tapping “Start”.
- Once the installation is over, the Galaxy Trend S7560 is going to restart and the touchscreen shall have this message on it: “Pass“.
- For the last portion of this guide, you should unplug the handset from the laptop after that message appears. Then go over to your device’s Settings and tap About Phone so that you can fully enjoy the Android 4.0.4 XXAMG1 official firmware.
Do you miss the previous ROM? If yes, restore it on your phone with the NANDroid backup. Once you do that, the upgrade process is going to be revoked so that you can enjoy the old ROM once more.
Do you want to ask us something? Use the comment field below!