Flash Jelly Bean 4.3 CyanFox Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
If you got your Galaxy S3 T999 from T-Mobile, you can enjoy today’s guide to the fullest, because it’s aimed precisely at this model. In our tutorial, you will discover out how to easily improve your phone by upgrading it to Android 4.3 CyanFox Jelly Bean custom ROM.
The custom ROM we wish to accustom your smartphone to comes with a bunch of groovy additions. Among them, list view animations, Apps sidebar-launcher and so on. This is one of the fastest and most stable ROMs around.
If you are absolutely sure that you want to enjoy it on your smartphone, install it on the latter after you observe these requirements:
- root the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999, via these instructions;
- make sure you flash a custom recovery on it as well;
- download, on your laptop, the Jelly Bean 4.3 CyanFox custom ROM and then Google Apps from here, one after the other;
- charge the battery of your smartphone;
- create backups, too, using the guide published here;
- the phone must be the factory unlocked version;
- USB Debugging must be turned on;
- install, on your notebook, USB drivers that are comfortable with your smartphone and available here.
After you’ve considered these pre-requisites, you will get to see which steps you must follow for a successful upgrade.
- We shall start with the first one. And so, the first action to perform is this: get the USB cable of your phone. After you do that, use it to plug the handset to your notebook.
- Then, after the two devices are united, you should move the files you downloaded above from the laptop to your handset’s SD card root. Have patience till the transfer is happening, then power the smartphone off.
- Once you’ve disconnected it from the notebook, we ask you to do this: boot the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 into Recovery Mode; we have our own to do this and it includes these actions: power the handset on while you press and hold, together, Volume Up, Home and Power.
- After the aforementioned mode is made available, then continue with these tasks: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition.
- Next, a full data and a cache partition wipe will begin. Once they are over, consider this: wipe the phone’s dalvik cache by opening Advanced from the Recovery Mode and choosing Wipe Dalvik Cache from there.
- After having finished with these steps, you need to be back in the device’s Recovery screen from where you should choose these options: Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card.
- Then go over to where you have the new ROM downloaded archive. Once you’ve found the location, move on to this step: opt for this file by pressing Power, then flash it after you confirm that you want to do this.
- The Google Apps package is next in line: flash it by repeating the actions that the other update file required to end up on your smartphone.
- You will not have to wait long to see both files on the device. So, after the installation process is over for them both, you will have to do the following: go to +++Go Back+++, find the Recovery Menu and choose the option dedicated to system rebooting from it. Your Galaxy S3 T999 currently flaunts the Android 4.3 CyanFox Jelly Bean custom ROM!