How to Install Android 4.1.2 KEUANA1 on Samsung SCH-W789 Hennessy
Samsung unveiled its SCH-W789 Hennessy flip phone last year. Its operating system was needing an update, and we are happy to provide one via our tutorial.
If you were planning on updating the Samsung W789 Hennessy to the new Android 4.1.2, an official developer launched KEUANA1 this month for China (Anycall).
The official firmware which just came out is ready to deliver all the best of the Android 4.1.2 OS. Which means Google Now, a fixed frame of 60 fps, pop up play and mini apps. If you think these aren’t enough, you’ll also experience free style widget, a new keyboard for your typing needs, not to mention all share. Other novelties are also appealing: touch anticipation, triple buffering, extended Vsync timing and sync and connect email updates. The presence of group cast and automatic adjustment for the size of widgets is also secured.
If we’ve piqued your interest and you can’t wait for the update to begin, there are some rules. The first of them: by using another phone with our guide, your device will be bricked. So only use your Samsung SCH-W789. Our second rule: follow the requirements we prepared for you in one of the upcoming paragraphs.
The upgrade cannot be obtained with the help of KIES, since the KIES logo isn’t activated. This leaves you with two options: you can either use OTA or our tutorial. For OTA, the Samsung Hennessy must come with a pre-installed stock ROM.
All the smartphones and tablets which are rooted will suffer because of the update. So, if you aren’t ready to lose root access and the device’s system partition, don’t follow this guide. If you don’t mind about these thanks to the fact that the update won’t affect the internal/external SD cards and important data, prepare your phone with these pre-requisites:
- don’t update your phone if your laptop doesn’t use Windows;
- activate, on the Samsung SCH-1789 Hennessy, USB Debugging;
- deactivate the security programs running on the phone and your laptop;
- install USB drivers for this phone model on the laptop;
- a fully charged battery must be used for the update, so charge the handset;
- create a standard-type of backup;
- create a full NANDroid backup next.
Step by step instructions
- The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 W789KEUANA1 for China (Anycall) is one of the two packages which you must download on your laptop. After you do that, save it before you download Odin v3.09 on the same device. The two comes with many files inside them, files which you must unzip with one of these methods: WinRar or WinZip; 7Zip is another good option if the others don’t work.
- Now you should go ahead and boot your Samsung SCH-1789 Hennessy in Download Mode. The way to do it: simultaneously press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down, wait for a boot message to pop up, then simply make sure that Volume Up is pressed instead of the other buttons.
- After this booting in the Download Mode, connect the phone to your notebook. For the best of results, perform this step with the USB cord of your handset.
- The following should happen after waiting for the connection to be established: a sign colored in blue will come up on the screen. When this sign is displayed, we recommend adding the firmware file to this location: the AP / PDA.
- Make time to tick a couple of boxes for the next stage. The ones we mean are F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Don’t leave Re-partition checked if it is already activated, then do as follows: tap an option that’s called “Start” to ensure the beginning of an installation phase.
- This flashing has to do with the new firmware KEUANA1, so give it some time until it lands on your Samsung Hennessy.
- The best indicator of a successful flashing is this: your phone surprises you with “Pass” in green. After this message appears, you should wait for the handset to reboot automatically.
- If it does that, unplug your Samsung SCH-W789 Hennessy from your laptop. Tap Settings, tap About Phone and you’ll soon have access to the KEUANA1 firmware.
When the firmware’s been launched, explore it from now onward. If you discover only bad things about it, restoring the previous ROM is the best idea. The action required for this method: open the NANDroid backup file. After you use this file, the upgrade procedure will be revoked.
At the end of this post you will see a comment section. Use it in case you have questions.