How to Install Android 4.1.2 XXANC2 on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi SM-T210
If you’re hoping for Android 4.1.2 landing on your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi SM-T210, you’re in the right place. This operating system will make its appearance on the tablet via special firmware. And once it does, your device will be the better for it!
If you’re using the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T210, you qualify for an upgrade. The latter helps you experience the Android 4.1.2 XXANC2 if you’re based in one of the following regions: Romania (Cosmote), Baltic, Poland or Germany (1&1). While the new firmware has an activated KIES logo for the first three places, the version for Germany arrives with a deactivated KIES logo. When this logo is activated, you can use Samsung’s KIES software to update your device. When it’s not, OTA will help with the process. In both cases, only apply one of these solutions if there’s stock ROM on your gadget.
Remember to only use the Samsung SM-T210 for this procedure. By using the right tablet, you’ll enjoy a free style widget and a fixed frame of 60 fps. The is version is also equipped with the following: Google Now and all share. A new keyboard, triple buffering, touch anticipation and extended Vsync timing will land on the gadget, as well. As will the following new stuff: automatic adjustment for the size of widgets and pop up play. Last on the list are sync and connect email updates, mini apps and group cast.
If the update’s done on a tablet equipped with root access, some disadvantages will arise. They include the tablet’s system partition and its root access. Each of these will be damaged: the first will be erased and the root access will be revoked. Your device’s important data will be saved, as will its internal / external SD cards.
Your attention must now be focused on these pre-requisites:
- be sure to flash, on the laptop, USB drivers which are issued for your tablet;
- fully charge the tablet;
- upgrade your tablet only if your notebook has Windows;
- activate USB Debugging on your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210;
- your notebook’s security programs need to be disabled till you’re done with the update;
- the security programs on the tablet need to go through the previous process, too;
- make sure a standard backup is created;
- perform a full NANDroid backup using this guide.
Step by step instructions
- Busy yourself with the downloading of 2 packages on your notebook. They are the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXANC2 official firmware for Romania (Cosmote), Poland, Baltic region and Germany (1&1) and then Odin v3.09 (available here). Wait for each of their download to be over, then use an unzipping tool to extract them on the laptop.
- You should find Odin v3.09.exe among the unzipped files and open it on your notebook. By the time you’re done, the tablet will have to be entered in Download Mode. Proceed with the latter by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down simultaneously, waiting for a boot message, then simply pressing Volume Up.
- The USB cable of your tablet will connect it to the laptop for our next step. When Odin finds your gadget, it will have a blue sign to convey. After the devices are plugged to one another, add the firmware file to the AP / PDA.
- Check the boxes named F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, after which you should uncheck the one called Re-partition. You are now asked to do this: begin the flashing of the XXANC2 by tapping “Start“.
- The end of this process will be signaled after 15 minutes of waiting will have been over. At that moment, the tablet’s going to greet you with a message: “Pass”. The next thing your device will do is as follows: it is going to reboot.
- You can move on to the next step. Unplug the tablet from your laptop. For this, you should be sure to take away the USB cable from before.
- Tap Settings on the gadget, tap About Tablet and you’ll soon gain access to the Android 4.1.2 XXANC2.
By launching it like that on your tablet, you’ll see if it rises up to expectations or not. If the second thing happens, you have the option of retrieving the old ROM.
To restore it, help will come from the NANDroid backup file. While it may bring the former ROM back on your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T210, this file will, in exchange, revoke the update.
Below this guide is a box where you can leave questions.