How to Flash Android 4.1.2 XXANB1 on Galaxy Young GT-S6310N
Galaxy Young GT-S6310N will team up with Android 4.1.2 JB for today. The upgrade we planned this time around gets your phone in shape for all you want to do with it. The steps which help with the procedure are detailed below.
The Samsung S6310N is equipped with XXANB1 official firmware. This means that your smartphone will get access to novelties that will improve its general performance. They’re triple buffering, group cast and a new keyboard. Likewise, your handset’s going to feature Google Now, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets and all share. Sync and connect email updates bring up the rear, as do many mini apps. The next goodies are extended Vsync timing, pop up play and a free style widget. A fixed frame of 60 fps together with touch anticipation complete the goodies.
The new firmware was unveiled this month for Spain (Movistar) as well as France (NRJ). Users in Spain can use KIES to update their phone; the ones in France can’t, so instead they have the possibility to use OTA (but only in case the phone’s running stock ROM).
If you’re using a rooted Galaxy Young GT-S6310N, the upgrade will revoke the root access. It will also erase the phone’s system partition, but it won’t do the same to important content. Your smartphone’s internal and external SD cards will also be safe from harm.
Don’t install the XXANB1 stock firmware on another smartphone. If you do, you will be left with a damaged device.
If you decide to go with the update, here are some much-needed requirements:
- save the handset’s crucial content with a backup;
- a full NANDroid backup has to be created afterwards;
- the phone should be running on a full battery, so charge it in case the charge levels are low;
- download USB drivers for your Galaxy Young GT-S6310N on your notebook;
- the operating system sported by your laptop must be Windows;
- the notebook’s security programs should be turned off;
- disable the phone’s own security software;
- enable USB Debugging on the smartphone.
Step by step instructions
- First of all, the update needs you to download Odin v3.09 and the Android 4.1.2 XXANB1 firmware for Spain (Moviestar) and France (NRJ) on the notebook. Continue with the following step: unzip the packages with WinRar until a bunch of files pop up. Among them is one called Odin v3.09.exe. It has to be launched on your laptop now.
- After it is, you will need to restart the phone in Download Mode by doing this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down, then stop when a boot message is displayed; time to do this next: press Volume Up. And with that, your handset will land in the Download Mode.
- This is where you must create a connection between the phone and your laptop. This needs to be done with the handset’s USB cable. If Odin manages to find your phone after using that cable, you will see a blue sign soon. This is done so that you know if the plugging’s been successful or a failure.
- If all’s well, you’re free to move on to the next steps. Here’s what you must do next: after you add the firmware file to the AP / PDA, uncheck Re-partition. Then check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. The Galaxy Young GT-S6310N has to go through an installation now. Tap “Start” and the new firmware will be flashed on it.
- The process will take, at most, 15 minutes to be completed. When the handset is done with this, it is going to show up with “Pass”. As soon as it reboots, the procedure will have finally been done. As a result, make sure the handset is disconnected from the laptop.
- Then, by tapping Settings and About Phone, you will be able to welcome the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Also, its goodies will have a chance at landing on your smartphone. As such, you can test all of them out.
If few of them are good, or if you want the old ROM back, make use of the NANDroid backup file. Its use makes sure that your device is featuring its former ROM once more. The upgrade will no longer be part of your phone if you do this.
The comment section below is the place where you can leave questions about the procedure.