Install crDroid ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300
There are few custom ROMs which are free of bugs and other types of issues. Such is the case with crDroid ROM, too. But they aren’t so bad.
If you want to try this instrument on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 soon, you can learn how to install it thanks to this tutorial.
For which you first have to learn about some requirements. Like making a backup of the data on your smartphone, charging the battery till it’s full, downloading crDroid v10 AROMA XXELLA to your Windows laptop, downloading XXELLA bootloader archive along with Odin version 3.04 and the installation of the CWM Touch Recovery on the handset (should it not be feature on it already).
The part where we talk about how to install the crDroid ROM on the Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 is finally upon us. Find out, from the guide below, what steps you should follow.
- The introductory instruction is this: move the crDroid ROM archive to the memory card shipping inside the phone. Then switch the latter off and follow this action by restarting the phone in the Recovery Mode; if you’re clueless how: keep selected the buttons for Home, Volume Up and Power at the same time, for about five seconds.
- Step 2: generate a stock ROM NANDroid backup by doing the following: opt for Backup&Restore and then tap on Backup. Once that performed, choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and select Yes.
- Step 3: opt for the installation of the archive from the memory card then opt for Choose ZIP from SD card, and finally choose the crDroid ROM archive and conform the operation.
- For step 4 you must looking for AROMA Installer to appear and help with the installation. Should you experience issues with it, do as follows: keep pressed the Power button and the smartphone should reboot. When that happens, repeat the step.
After the crDroid ROM is on the Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300, you may very well experience something called Sudden Death Bug. Here’s a tutorial which will prevent that.
Sudden Death Bug
- Extract what the Odin v3.04 zip file contains to the laptop. You should see something labeled Odin3_v3.04.exe. Next: switch the phone off.
- Step 2: restart the Galaxy S3 i9300 and enter in the Download Mode using the same method: keep selected at the same time the buttons for Power, Home and Volume Down. Then press Volume Up; this action will send you into that mode. When you are done, return to your comp.
- Step 3: once you’re in front of it, open the Odin3_v3.04.exe by the double click method it and afterwards plug the handset to the laptop.
- Step 4: a message saying ADDED will appear into the Odin application window. When you spot it, tap on PDA.
- Step 5: opt for a file called Bootloader_XXELLA_Odin.tar and then check if the options called F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are selected into Odin interface.
- For step 6 you need to tap on Start in Odin.
- Step 7: the XXELLA bootloader is going to be flashed to the smartphone, which will then reboot.
- Step 8: the icon of the handset will appear and Odin will display “PASSED“. This means you can disconnect the phone from the comp and enjoy what the crDroid has to offer to your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300.