Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUANB1 on Galaxy Grand Lite GT-I9060
Galaxy Grand Lite GT-I9060 is in for some very cool stuff. And it all comes down to Android 4.2.2, the OS that will bring all of that cool stuff on your phone!
Ireland and Philippines has just received XXUANB1 official firmware. If you live there, it’s best to use a Samsung GT-I9060 running on this carrier: O2 and Open Line. Also, it’s a good idea to perform an upgrade on the phone model we recommend in each of our guides. In case a firmware is featured on the wrong model, you will brick it eventually.
If you haven’t met up with an upgrade so far, you should know a couple of things about it. If your device is updated while rooted, two disadvantages will arise: the loss of root access and the handset’s system partition. Good news is that all of the crucial content and internal / external SD cards won’t be affected. Then there’s the fact that you can’t update the smartphone with KIES. If you do it via OTA, your Galaxy Grand Lite I9060 will need stock ROM.
You will be able to install the XXUANB1 on the phone even if the latter doesn’t boast a stock ROM. But you will have to go through some pre-requisites. Find them below:
- start by creating backups in order to keep your phone’s data safe;
- we also suggest creating a full NANDroid one after you’re done with the regular backup above;
- every single one of the laptop’s security programs need to be turned off;
- likewise, disable the security solutions working for your smartphone;
- if it’s running low, your handset’s battery needs a full recharge;
- there is an option on your phone called USB Debugging, go and turn it on;
- your smartphone has some USB drivers which are compatible with it, so have them downloaded on the laptop;
- Windows needs to be running on your notebook.
The addition of the Android 4.2.2 JB to your Galaxy Grand Lite GT-I9060 via this new firmware implies many goodies. The best of them are detailed now.
The first batch of novelties brings low battery bug fixes and a new Gallery app. Another set of goodies means the possibility to long-press the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state.
Then you have these: a USB debug white-list and a brand new set of sounds for wireless charging. A new set of download notifications and better Bluetooth audio streaming complete the offerings.
Step by step instructions
- Proceed to the update tutorial by downloading, on your laptop, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUANB1 for Ireland (O2) and for Philippines (Open Line) and then Odin tool, from this page.
- These packages require an unzipping now, so perform this task with the aid of 7Zip. Select Odin v3.09.exe from the extracted files and do this: open it on the notebook.
- The Galaxy Grand Lite GT-I9060 needs to be in Download Mode now, so press and hold, at the same time, Home, Power and Volume Down. A boot message is bound to pop up; when it appears, press Volume Up instead.
- If you’re finished with that, continue with the next step. For it, make sure to use the handset’s USB cord to establish a connection between this device and the notebook.
- Wait for Odin to appear with a blue sign so as to let you know that the plugging is now achieved. You should add the firmware file to AP / PDA now, after which you will have to check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then uncheck Re-partition and tap “Start”. The fact that you tapped that particular option means this: the new firmware will be flashed on your handset.
- The duration of the firmware’s installation will be over in around 13 minutes. The phone will then appear with “Pass” on its screen; also, it will restart afterwards.
- With that, the Galaxy Grand Lite GT-I9060 is ready to be disconnected from the laptop. And you can also get the new OS started and have fun with its goodies. But first, open it by tapping the following two options: Settings and About Phone.
When you have no use for the update anymore, try using the NANDroid backup file to restore, on your phone, its former ROM. Be careful: by doing as such, the update will be revoked.
You can use the box below to leave comments and/or questions!