Update Galaxy Trend Lite GT-S7390 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXUANC4 Firmware
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean joins forces with Galaxy Trend Lite GT-S7390 to bring new features to your phone. Before you can enjoy this update, however, some requirements and steps are necessary. They’re all detailed in this guide!
To be able to get the most out of the new OS, the Samsung S7390 needs XXUANC4. Launched for Luxembourg this month, the new firmware cannot be used on a different smartphone. If it is, though, that handset will be bricked without further notice.
Only with the Android 4.1.2 running on your phone can you get features such as Google Now or triple buffering. But the update means automatic adjustment for the size of widgets and mini apps, too. Sync and connect email updates will also become available for your handset, as will a fixed frame of 60 fps. The upgrade can also deliver group cast, a new keyboard and free style widget. The rest of the goodies are touch anticipation, pop up play, all share and extended Vsync timing.
If there’s one thing to go wrong during the update, it’s this one: a rooted phone will experience a quickly revoked root access. But there’s another con: the system partition on your smartphone will be deleted. Thankfully, both important content and internal / external SD cards will remain undamaged.
The requirements we talked about earlier tell you to do as follows:
- enable USB Debugging on your handset;
- go to the security software running on the laptop and deactivate them;
- by going to this address, you will find USB drivers for the phone you use;
- after locating them, make sure they are downloaded on your laptop;
- your smartphone’s battery unit must be charged to the fullest;
- go to the phone’s security programs and disable them for now;
- use a notebook that has Windows pre-installed on it;
- the data on your handset should be preserved by creating regular backups;
- a full NANDroid backup is also useful, so create one, too.
Step by step instructions
Then there are those necessary steps that will actually bring the update on your smartphone.
- They will have to begin with this one: take the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXUANC4 official firmware for Luxembourg from here and download it on your laptop. Then grab another package, Odin v3.09, from this page and download it on the laptop, too.
- Now that your device has all the important packages, be sure they’re saved. Use 7Zip next to take out their files. Among them will be one called Odin v3.09.exe. It’s the most important one, so make sure it’s launched on your laptop.
- Up next is this request: enter the Galaxy Fresh S7390 in Download Mode. The exact steps needed for this phase are the following: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time and keep doing it till a boot message greets you.
- When you come across this message, time to press Volume Up to land the phone in the Download Mode. Use the USB cable of your Galaxy Trend Lite to establish a connection between this device and your laptop.
- Here are the next set of guidelines: add the firmware file to the AP / PDA and check Auto Reboot together with F. Reset Time. If Re-partition happens to be already ticked, uncheck it.
- To start the flashing of the update firmware on the handset: tap “Start“. There should be a “Pass” in green somewhere on the screen after the XXUANC4 is installed on your Galaxy Trend GT-S7390. After that is displayed, the smartphone is going to restart on its own, which leaves you with this last step: unplug the handset from the laptop.
- When the phone’s been updated at long last, the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 can reveal its novelties. Test them on your own after you do this: tap Settings and then tap About Phone.
When the new operating system is launched on the smartphone, you will know whether or not to use it from now on or restore the previous ROM. If the old ROM looked better, go back to the NANDroid backup file. It was created for one purpose: to restore that old ROM. So use it if that’s really what you want.
We will answer your questions if you leave them in the comment field below this post.