Install ICS Neat ROM On Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100
A new custom ROM has been unveiled. Its creator made it especially for users of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100. The name of this tool: Neat ROM. Don’t worry about bugs going into your smartphone’s system, you won’t get them. But in order to install this on your handset, a set of requirements is in order.
First one on the list: root your phone. The second pre-requisite asks you to charge the battery and use a Windows-based laptop. For the third requirement you need to turn off all security tools on both your Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 and the comp you use. Last pre-requisite: create backups.
And that’s that for the first part of our tutorial. The second part needs you to follow the steps below so that your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 receives the Neat custom ROM update.
- Step number one asks you to download the Neat ROM Firmware Package and install it on your laptop.
- Step 2: use the phone’s USB cable as a way to plug the handset to your comp.
- Step 3: send the zip file you downloaded to your laptop and then unplug the devices from one another. You should now switch the Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 off.
- Step number four: you must keep pressed the keys for Volume Up and Home you have to switch the phone off. This will make the phone to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Step 5: opt for Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe Cache partition.
- Step 6: choose Advanced.
- For the seventh step you should delete the Dalvik cache and opt for the installation of the archive from the memory card and then select Choose ZIP from SD Card.
- Step 8 will prompt you to choose Neat ROM Custom ROM firmware package; wait a couple of minutes.
- Step 9 needs you to opt for Go Back while in the Recovery Mode. For the following phase you have to select Reboot System Now. The phone will start normally which means that the installation of the Neat ROM has officially ended.
Go to Settings now and select the About Phone option once the procedure finishes. You must look at the Build number area for the “UHLPS Neat ROM Full” message, which indicates that the procedure was a success. Should you encounter a problem during the process, do as follows: put the battery back inside and then repeat the steps in our guide. Or you can just use the Power button.
After you get this custom ROM, the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 will no longer be effective, so you’ll have to get it back. Do this by grabbing an update for your phone using the original stock ROM available on Samsung’s site.