Install XXUEMK5 Jelly Bean 4.3 Official Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 is confronted, today, with XXUEMK5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware. The latter is here to bring a well-deserved upgrade on your device. And, like the name says, the update implies the future presence of the new OS and its popular assets, which are better described below.
The goodies that the Jelly Bean 4.3 is famous for include new features such as the following examples: Samsung KNOX, a new Samsung keyboard for your phone, Driving mode, a new lockscreen, integrated Samsung wallet, Galaxy Gear support, new screen modes, improved RAM management, full-screen Samsung applications, move-to-SD-card, updated GPU drivers, new S-Voice imported from the Galaxy S4 model, enhanced settings for the user interface, actionable notifications, TRIM support that will turn your handset into a faster performing one, voice controls and loads more new features. There will also be new apps at your disposal, some of them being these ones: Contacts, calculator, music, gallery and clock.
Other additions you’ll experience if you update your Galaxy Note 2 N7105: you will get to discover new custom ROMs that you will then be bale to download + use on your smartphone, you will come across no bugs, there will be no bloatware to stop you from having a blast with your device, the whole performance of your phone will be improved and you will have tweaks to customize your handset.
If you’ve taken a look at the goodies we uncovered above and you’ve taken a liking of them all, you can gain access to them by following this guide. Which needs you to do the following before anything else:
- be sure to turn on USB Debugging;
- make backups following these instructions;
- charge the battery of your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 till it’s full;
- download Odin (the latest version, available here) and then the new Jelly Bean firmware (file name: N7105XXUEMK5_N7105NEEEMK1_NEE.zip) on your notebook or personal computer;
- download, on the same device, USB drivers which are meant precisely for your smartphone model.
- After the new firmware file is downloaded on your laptop, you have to unzip its content on it, as well, then do this: enter the phone in Download Mode after you’ve made sure it’s turned off; this booting into the Download Mode has to be done as shown now: press Volume Down + Home at the same time while you power your handset on.
- When you are in the mode we advised you to have your device in, you should launch, on the notebook, the Odin you had to save.
- Then make sure you continue with this instruction: take the N7105 and its USB cord, then use the latter to connect the former to your laptop; then, when you spot a message with an “Added!!” inside it and an ID:COM box in yellow, you will know that the plugging went well. In case it didn’t, you should use a different USB port this time around; or try re-installing the USB drivers.
- After all of the above have been performed, you should move on to these guidelines: click on PDA, choose the file which has CODE in the name, tap Phone and opt for a MODEM file, tap CSC, select a file that comes with CSC in the name, tap PIT and opt for the one file with a .pit inside its name. Next: check the boxes that have F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition as their names; the box with Repartition should be selected if you chose the file with the .pit in it.
- To commence the flashing of the update file, here’s what you should do: tap “Start” in the Odin and wait for the installation to be complete; when it is, your phone should restart, which means you have to do this: disconnect the devices from one another.
- Then, as soon as the phone powers on and also restarts to the Home screen, you have to power your handset off once more.
- You will need to move on with these actions next: boot the phone in Recovery Mode again (by powering your handset on while simultaneously pressing Volume Up + Home + Power, then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then restart the device by choosing Reboot System Now.
- When the phone reboots, it will have the XXUEMK5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware among its other tools.
After you make sure that you have this firmware on your handset – by looking in “About phone” from “Settings” -, take it out for a spin!