How to Root Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957
There’s so much you can do with a rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957. For example, customizing it with various tweaks. This is only one of the things you can improve your tablet with. For more, scroll through the following tutorial!
To be prepared for the tablet’s rooting, a Build ID should be considered. You can choose one you’re most familiar with; the one we agreed upon for this guide was IMM76D.UCLK4. After you know what Build ID to make use of, a rooting app should be chose. This is where SRSRoot steps in. This app is going to help you with everything and you won’t have to pay to get it. Dealing with this tool is great; the many novelties that recommend it are detailed below!
The today’s tool is 100% compatible with your tablet; but it’s also fully compatible with many other gadgets. Also known as Galaxy Tab 8.9 I957 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 AT&T, your gadget works with this OS: Android 4.0.4 ICS. The app accepts every Android version. The customization options we mentioned before will help a lot; as will the new features brought by this app.
The benefits of this procedure
The rooting means a faster CPU (which is a dual-core 1.5 GHz on your device). Also, root access via the SRSRoot app helps you enjoy an improved gadget minus the usual bloatware. Apart from keeping you away from the latter, the app is powered by an SRS Server. Battery tweaks and custom ROMs are joined by these: admin and superuser permission. More will come in the form of root-only apps. Lastly, the SRSRoot protects your device from serious damage done by all sorts of viruses; and you can use it to unroot the tablet.
A negative thing about rooting your device is that you won’t be left with its warranty. This problem has a solution: a tutorial meant for your Samsung SGH-I957; follow its steps and the warranty will again be a part of the device.
Deciding to root your gadget should be done after you know what an update can do afterwards. So, if your tablet’s just been rooted with the SRSRoot, it won’t contain the root access anymore. It will also have the system partition erased. These two will be gone, but the tablet’s important files, passwords and other data will remain. The device’s internal and external SD cards are also part of the elements that’ll stay equally safe.
When you’re done with the info above, prepare the laptop and tablet for the rooting. The best way to do that is through these pre-requisites:
- USB drivers should be downloaded on the laptop, so open this page and find them there;
- install said drivers on the device;
- if needed, charge the battery of your tablet until it’s completely full;
- provide backups for the tablet’s important data so as not to lose it;
- perform, next, a full NANDroid backup;
- your laptop’s security programs should be turned off till you’re done with the guide;
- same has to happen with the security programs inside your Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957;
- activate USB Debugging on the tablet;
- Windows should appar on your laptop.
Step by step instructions
- Providing the laptop with the SRSRoot app is the first thing you’ll do. The app is on this page; land on it, then click its download button.
- Wait till the file’s on the right device, then flash it. Once the app is launched on it, tap Settings on the tablet.
- There, look for an option whose name is this: Unknown Sources. Occupy yourself with this step next: tap USB Debugging; only those of you who haven’t already enabled this option should do it at this point.
- The others can move on to this operation: establish a connection between the tablet and laptop. The USB cable which belongs to the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH-I957 should be used for the plugging.
- Moving on, here’s the next option you have to enable: Root Device (All Methods). Doing this will activate the rooting. After your tablet lands in this mode, give the procedure some 11 minutes to finish.
- If you are unfortunate enough to wait more than 10-15 minutes, we urge you to redo the steps. If you’re lucky and no such problem appears, then reboot the tablet.
- The device can only restart if you activate Reboot System Now. This is the moment you’ve always wanted to witness.
After the tablet’s equipped with root access, it can be put to good use! Having said that, take the gadget for a spin. If you don’t feel comfortable with a rooted device, no worries; the SRSRoot app will help you by unrooting the tablet.
Leave questions or comments in our comment box below.