How to Root LG Motion 4G MS770
Today you’ll learn a new way of rooting LG Motion 4G MS770. This guide includes everything there is to know about it. We’ll make sure that your phone ends up with root access in the easiest way possible!
SRSRoot is the app we decided upon for today’s rooting tutorial. Unlike many other methods, this one will not affect your device in terms of security. There are no bugs associated with this tool as far as we saw. Also, this dedicated app is free to use and it’s powered by this: an SRS Server.
We chose this Build ID for the rooting: IMM76I. You can use another if you want; there are many Build IDs which work equally well with the SRSRoot software. Your device is also known as LG Optimus Regard for Cricket; it came out 2 years ago.
The benefits of this method
The sort of CPU running on your LG Motion MS770 is this: dual-core 1.2 GHz. The SRSRoot makes sure that it delivers much faster speeds. This will certainly improve the way your phone performs. The device will also enjoy a much longer battery life. Its OS, which is an Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, will not be deleted. This app offers compatibility with all the Android versions released so far.
The rooting tool we selected works with various gadgets. If you’ve always dreamed of having your own custom ROMs to use, the rooting will let you do that. With the SRSRoot installed on your handset, you can also have customization options. Not only that: rooting your smartphone will also help you end up with new features. As well as with many root-only apps. Your device is ready to contain these, too: superuser and admin permission. Worthy of mention is the fact that no bloatware will disrupt you from enjoying the root access.
An upgrade is always welcome, too. But if it’s performed on an already rooted LG Motion 4G MS770, you will no longer have some of its important stuff. Which means its system partition and root access. You will lose both of them. You won’t, however, lose its data or internal / external SD cards.
If you root your handset, soon after that you will have no warranty on it. Thankfully, there are methods to use if you want it restored.
Let’s see what requirements should be applied here:
- your laptop must sport Windows;
- your notebook needs to have USB drivers running on it;
- go here and download them on it;
- a full NANDroid backup is required next, so you should initiate one;
- your LG Motion 4G MS770 needs to contain a battery which is 100% charged;
- you should generate a backup if you want to protect the handset’s important data from various damage;
- open all of the phone’s security programs and have them turned off;
- open the same on your notebook and make sure they are also disabled.
Step by step instructions
- Keep your laptop open. It will have to contain the SRSRoot app. You will find it at this address. Download it from there on your laptop by clicking on a download button; the latter is on the page we mentioned.
- The app will have to be installed and then launched on the laptop. Perform each of these actions, then tap Unknown Sources. This option is waiting for you under Settings.
- When you have the Unknown Sources activated, time for another step. It will need you to turn on USB Debugging if you haven’t.
- In case this option’s already turned on, connect the LG Motion to your laptop. In cases such as this, the best plugging method is this: via the phone’s USB cable. After you employ this tool, wait for the plugging to happen.
- Once it has, make sure the following option is tapped: Root Device (All Methods). As soon as you’ve activated that, the handset will enter the rooting phase. It usually takes 13-15 minutes to have a rooted gadget.
- If the process isn’t done after 15 minutes, you have to repeat the steps. When everything’s in order, have your phone rebooted. Which is done by tapping the following: Reboot System Now.
When your smartphone’s finally rooted, the goodies you recently found out about will be exposed at last. Get a feel of them. If nothing’s to your taste, simply unroot the MS770. The today’s tool allows you to do that, too.
If you have trouble using our guide, you can use our comment field for questions.