How to Root LG Optimus Select AS730
LG Optimus Select AS730 is as good as any phone when it comes to SRSRoot. The latter can introduce your handset to certain things that turn it into a whole other device. If you think that’s what the phone needs, how about giving our guide a try?
If there’s something to be changed about your phone, this dedicated app will do it. Created so that gadget users can own a better device, this app has its fair share of things it’s good at. Such as this one: the possibility to make your phone easy to customize. A freeware in essence, the SRSRoot is that app which helps battery life improve; this is done by the presence of battery options. You will not deal with bloatware after rooting the phone. Neither will the following appear: security damage.
The advantages of this procedure
Instead of those two, your handset will feature admin / superuser permission. The 1 GHz CPU is offered a faster performance. The smartphone will soon have root-only apps and new features, too. It’ll contain custom ROMs galore. Special mention should be given to the fact that the SRSRoot cannot take away the Android 4.0.4 ICS running on the LG Optimus Select AS730. It cannot delete any Android version, since it’s compatible with all of them. More than that, the app can do another thing besides rooting your device. The freeware is every bit as good at unrooting it as any other method out there, if not better at it. An SRS Server powers the app. You are more than free to use another gadget with this tool.
You should make sure you root the phone through a Build ID. Any ID is fine with our tool. You can, if you prefer, use ours: IMM76L.
A downside to having root access is not having a warranty on the handset. Provide a tutorial which only works with this phone and the warranty will be returned to it. To have this device updated means to see it with the root access revoked. The upgrade has to delete the system partition, too. It doesn’t erase these, though: internal / external SD cards and the important data.
The smartphone and your notebook are headed for the rooting. To make the process go well, look at these pre-requisites:
- on this website you will find USB drivers that apply to your handset;
- they need to be downloaded from there on the notebook;
- after the drivers are flashed there, too, turn on USB Debugging on the smartphone;
- you can’t afford to lose the handset’s data, so back the latter up;
- what is also necessary is a full NANDroid backup;
- the notebook must sport Windows;
- turn off the security programs installed on your LG Optimus Select AS730;
- the security programs that are offering protection for the notebook have to be disabled;
- charge the battery on your handset.
Step by step instructions
The rooting can’t be successful if you don’t consider the steps below.
- The first action to be performed: download the SRSRoot on the notebook. There is a certain address which has the app. The link that must be clicked on is this. When the device is on the right page, click on its download button.
- You should then perform this step: have the rooting app installed and launched on your notebook. The task which comes up now tells you that Menu needs to be tapped on the phone.
- This device must have its Settings tapped next, then this option underneath it: Unknown Sources. You should do as follows next: enable, if you didn’t before, USB Debugging.
- If the latter has been activated until now, you can do the following: connect your LG Optimus Select to the notebook. A USB cord must establish the connection. Your smartphone has such a tool. Use it, then wait until the devices are plugged to one another.
- When this phase is finished, the AS730 can be rooted. There is something known as Root Device (All Methods). We mentioned the latter because once you enable it, the rooting is going to begin.
- Root access should appear on the handset in under 15 minutes. If the rooting takes over 15 minutes, you can take care of this matter by doing this: repeat the steps.
- You have another step to perform. It’s our guide’s last one and you have to do it by tapping Reboot System Now. The handset will, after the rebooting is achieved, let you launch the great new stuff.
Take your time discovering the novelties. This is also a good way to know if you want to unroot the handset or not. In case you decide that the root access is not necessary, revoke it via the SRSRoot.
Are there questions you want to ask about this procedure? Feel free to leave them in the comment section under our post.