How to Root Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon)
You’ve probably heard, by now, about people rooting their smartphones and tablets. The advantages of this sort of procedure are many and you should consider trying it out on your Motorola Droid RAZR HD (Verizon). We have a tutorial on how to do it; it’s made of steps which aren’t difficult to follow at all.
Once you decide that you want your phone to experience a rooting process, you’ll soon see that it is going to perform much better thanks to a multitude of interesting features; and the latest version of Google’s Android operating system.
Did you consider our offer? If yes, first you will have to deal with a couple of pre-requisites. First one: download a file that’s called Root Package; second: install the Motorola drivers on your laptop (you’ll find the good ones online).
Third requirement: since we mentioned a laptop, yours should feature Windows as its OS. If you’re unaware, once you get to perform a rooting process, the warranty of your handset will disappear at the end of our guide; however, no reason to panic, because this warranty will come back once you unroot your device. Do a quick search on our site and you’ll find the exact tutorial for that. Another thing: you should have a backup before starting.
Are you ready to root your RAZR HD? Good, then take a look at the steps below and follow them accordingly.
- The very first step which starts all the fun needs the following from you: after you download the file we mentioned, you’ll have to move it into a dedicated folder, on the laptop’s desktop. After it’s there, you should unzip its content to the same place as before.
- For step number two you will be asked to do as follows: turn on an option called USB Debugging; in order to do that, you have to go to the phone’s Menu, tap on Settings, choose Developer options and then check the box next to USB debugging. You will be required, afterwards, to take the USB cord which comes with the smartphone and use it to connect the phone to your computer.
- Step number three goes like this: with the help of your mouse, select the run.bat file. This is the file which sits on the desktop.
- Select Run as administrator and then wait for some instructions to appear on the screen.
- When they do, the fifth step will need you to read them and do what they tell you to. Your RAZR HD is now rooted.