How to Update Galaxy Ace (Latin) GT-S5830M to Android 2.3.6 UMND1
Android 2.3.6 can easily work wonders on Galaxy Ace (Latin) GT-S5830M. Using an appropriate guide for your device, this operating system will successfully work its magic on it.
Our tutorial begins with this info about Gingerbread UMND1. This firmware, which came out at the beginning of May, has been released for Mexico. Compared to other update instruments, this one does come with an activated KIES logo. This is a good option to use if the phone’s sporting stock ROM already. Should your model not have this, the upgrade is still possible, but you’ll have to use our own tutorial.
The best phone model to be used with the new firmware is the one you own. Another model will be damaged if the UMND1 lands on it.
Your device, in case it’s rooted, will no longer enjoy root access after the update. Its important does end up unaffected by the procedure, but the system partition will be deleted. Internal and external SD cards are also not affected by the upgrade.
This is what you should expect from the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread: stability for data connectivity. More than that, your device will have Visual Voice Mail updates and better Vcast apps. Joining them are better Favorite Contacts widget and Commercial Mobile Alert Service.
Another list of improvements includes improved 4G signal and mobile hotspot bug fixes. Your phone has the ability to do this, too: move between home screen. An improved VZ Navigator with many 3D map improvements is the last great feature to have.
For the next phase we ask that you perform these requirements:
- the battery of your phone has to be charged;
- the security programs used by your Galaxy Ace GT-S5830M should always be deactivated for an update procedure;
- the security programs used by the laptop need to be turned off next;
- a set of backups must be generated now;
- a full NANDroid backup has to also be made;
- USB drivers compatible with the phone must be downloaded on the laptop by going to this place;
- the laptop must have Windows running on it as an OS.
Step by step instructions
- The way to begin an upgrade has to do with some packages. They are Odin v3.09 and the Android 2.3.6 UMND1 official firmware for Mexico (file name: S5830MUMND1_S5830MTCEND1_TCE.zip). They’re available online here and at this address. Download them from those places on your notebook and after that use WinZip on them.
- When they’re both unzipped, Odin v3.09.exe has to be running on your laptop; open it there next.
- Now boot your phone in Download Mode with these instructions: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down together first. Do that until the screen pops up a boot screen. Press Volume Up and you’ll be done.
- After completing the booting, connect the Galaxy Ace (Latin) GT-S5830M to the notebook with this tool: the phone’s USB cable. After using this cord, Odin will make sure to find the phone. If it’s successful, a sign in blue will soon appear on the display.
- The next part to be performed tells you to add the firmware file here: AP / PDA. If the adding’s over, uncheck Re-partition. You should activate these afterwards: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- The right boxes being checked and the third one unchecked, click on “Start” to make sure the new firmware enters an installation mode.
- You should wait for the smartphone to announce the end of the flashing. It will do so via certain steps. The first of them is this: your handset will have a message in green to display.
- So wait for “Pass” to pop up. When you see it as indicated, you are required to wait until the phone restarts. Having it do as such means that you’re very close to the update’s completion.
- The last step to be performed has you do this: disconnect the phone from the laptop. The USB cable that was keeping the two together needs to be removed.
- Settings and About Phone can be tapped now. This makes it possible for your Samsung S5830M to actually see what the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is famous for.
There is a very quick and harmless way to get rid of the new firmware if you don’t like it. And it includes the NANDroid backup file. But use this file and the upgrade process will become worthless.
We are here to answer questions related to this guide. Leave them in our comment field!