Update Galaxy Chat B5330L to UBUBMD1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 official firmware
Galaxy Chat B5330L is sure to be updated to the newest version of Android 4.1.2 OS. The firmware which is going to make the transition to this operating system smoothly is this official firmware: UBUBMD1.
Before we go on with our tutorial, you should know that the tool we are using is aimed at Galaxy Chat owners living in Panama, Argentina or Paraguay and using Claro as their carrier. If these two requirements are met, this guide is just what you needed to upgrade your smartphone!
The Android 4.1.2 will work its magic on your phone as soon as it is part of it. The first thing to notice after you update your handset to it: no more bugs. Other than that, your Galaxy Chat B5330L will become more stable than what you’re used to, the performance is going to be greatly improved and the speed of the device will also be enhanced.
You will also see that the battery of your smartphone is going to last longer so that you can use it as much as you can for different tasks. Moreover, the phone will be offered different tweaks to have its look customized according to its owner’s wishes. New apps and many new features will make the whole experience feel so much more amazing. Thanks to the new firmware, the way your smartphone performs will, on the whole, have much to gain from this firmware.
If you don’t know how to upgrade your smartphone, you will know now. The first thing to do will be to take a look at the following pre-requisites:
- use only a laptop or a PC that is pre-installed with Windows for this guide;
- create a regular and then a full NANDroid backup to not lose your handset’s important data and content;
- charge the battery of your smartphone;
- go to your comp and your handset to turn off the security programs that they both use;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- keep the phone’s USB cord close to you;
- find on this page USB drivers that work with your smartphone and flash them on your notebook or PC.
As soon as you are done with these necessary requirements, we need you to look below and follow the steps you will see there.
- First of all, you have to download the two most important files that your Galaxy Chat B5330L requires for an update: Odin3 v3.07 tool from this page and the new Jelly Bean B5330LUBUBMD1 stock firmware. The version for Paraguay devices is available here, the Argentinian version is here and the version for Panama devices is here. Once they are both downloaded and saved on you laptop or comp, you can officially begin our guide.
- So, for starters, make sure to use an unzipping tool on the two files. Their content should then appear on your laptop’s desktop, then turn the smartphone off.
- After this step, you need to enter the Galaxy Chat into Download Mode, which means that you have to do this: press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power, then press only Power as soon as you spot the Android logo on the display.
- Once your phone is in the Download Mode, you should continue by plugging the handset to your laptop. As soon as the Odin recognizes your device, you will spot an “Added!!” message and a yellow-colored ID:COM box.
- When neither is present on the screen, you need to use another USB port or make sure you flash the USB drivers once again. But if the plugging did go as planned, then simply move on the next task.
- Here it is: tap PDA, choose a file with CODE in the name, click on Phone, opt for a file that has MODEM in the name, tap CSC, choose the file which comes with CSC in the name, click on PIT and be sure to select a file with .pit as its extension.
- You will now have to do this: select those boxes which are called Re-partition (if you opted for the .pit file), F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Be sure to start the flashing of the update file by looking for “Start” and tapping it.
- The handset is going to display “Pass” and then restart; make sure you disconnect the devices from each other next. The Galaxy Chat B5330L is now updated to the Android 4.1.2 UBUBMD1 official firmware.
Go on a discovery spree and check out the novelties present on your smartphone!