Install XXUAMK1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Stock Firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T315
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T315 has a lot to do with today’s guide. In fact, it’s the tablet that we will upgrade to Android 4.2.2 with XXUAMK1 Jelly Bean stock firmware. Find out how you can do that by doing what we do below.
The steps whose job is to provide the update are all included in this post. Before we can unveil them, we must first tell you all about the benefits of the new JB firmware.
First of all, this tool will make sure your tablet is running the latest Android 4.2.2 operating system. Second: your Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T315 LTE shall be accustomed to new apps, its battery will improve and new features will land on your tablet. Third: custom ROMs will also be part of your device.
Before you can enjoy this update, you must look at and follow the next list of crucial requirements:
- your tablet must be carrier and factory unlocked;
- you need to enable USB Debugging;
- then charge the battery of your tablet;
- create backups via this tutorial;
- flash USB drivers for the gadget on your laptop.
The second you are done with these pre-requisites, you need to get to the tutorial.
- The latter should start with you downloading the next couple of files on your notebook: the new Jelly Bean stock firmware (file name: T315XXUAMK1_T315OXAAMK1_XEF.zip) and Odin tool v3.07 from this page. Once they’re downloaded and also saved, you should unzip both of them. T
- he files that play an important role in our guide are .tar.md5 and Odin tool.exe, so make sure you spot them after the unzipping ends.
- Then power the tablet off to make way for the next task, which is this one: enter your gadget in Download Mode by pressing + holding Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously till you see the Android logo, which means that you should continue by pressing Volume Up only.
- Your device is now in the Download Mode, so turn to your laptop, launch the Odin as Admin there and then plug the tablet to your notebook.
- If the plugging has gone well, you should be greeted by these two: an “Added!!” message and a yellow ID:COM box. If they’re not on the screen, you need to do this: use another USB port or flash the USB drivers one more time.
- However, if you are met with a successful connection between your devices, you can move on by tapping “PDA“, choosing the file with the .tar.md5 extension, click on “Phone“, select a file that has MODEM in the name, tap “CSC“, opt for a file with a CSC in the name, click on “PIT” and then choose a file with a .pit extension in its name.
- After these buttons and files have been clicked on and selected, you have to do this: enable those boxes with Repartition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot as their names; be sure to check the Re-partition box only in case you opted for the .pit file.
- Your task now is this one: commence the flashing of the new firmware by tapping “START“. The flashing will not take long to finish, so when it does, make sure you wait for the tablet to restart and display a message reading “Pass”; all of this means that you need to unplug the tablet from your laptop next.
- The Galaxy Tab T315 is currently paired up with the XXUAMK1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 official firmware. This custom tool is to be found in the gadget’s “About tablet” if you go to “Settings“.
Should the firmware be absent from there, repeat this update tutorial until it’s in that spot. But if the upgrade file is located where we told you it would be, then go on and try it out!
In case the tablet remains stuck in booting animation, then apply this method: enter your gadget in the Recovery Mode, choose “Factory reset/Wipe data“, opt for “Wipe cache partition” and restart your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T315 by choosing the appropriate option from the tablet’s menu.