How to Install Android 4.2.2 UBUBNA1 on Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190
If you enjoy using your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 every day, you should know that you’ll be missing out on things if you don’t update it to Android 4.2.2. The best firmware out there to make it possible is UBUBNA1.
In case you’re not familiar with what an upgrade means: with the help of the new official firmware for Argentina, your Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 is going to have new goodies such as a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, USB debug white-list, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state and a whole new set of download notifications.
But you should use only this smartphone. In case you want to update a different model to the Android 4.2.2, please use another guide.
You can’t update your device with Samsung’s KIES. But you can use, instead of this method, another one beside our tutorial: OTA. Your handset must be running a stock ROM for this option.
Be warned: once a rooted Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 is upgraded with our guide, root access will be revoked. Apart from that, your phone’s system partition will be erased. Good news if you’re worrying about the important data and internal/external SD cards: they won’t suffer damage.
Your job now is to comply with these requirements:
- the Argentina version of the the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUBNA1 is here to download on your notebook;
- an option known as USB Debugging must be turned on;
- you should then download Odin from here on the same laptop;
- a normal backup and a full NANDroid backup must be created;
- your notebook must have USB drivers compatible with the handset installed on it;
- use only that laptop which has Windows pre-installed;
- fully charge the battery should you notice low charge levels;
- disable the phone’s and then the laptop’s security software.
Step by step instructions
- The packages that have been downloaded on your laptop must also be extracted. WinRar or WinZip can be used for this first step.
- You will afterwards have to boot the handset in Download Mode by pressing and holding, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power and, as soon as the icon of Android plus a display of warning appear, feel free to press Volume Up.
- Continue with this step: open, on the notebook, the Odin as Admin. Plug your phone to your laptop when done with the previous task. The way to connect the two devices is with the help of the smartphone’s USB cable. When a connection is established, the display will have an “Added!!” message along with an ID:COM box colored yellow.
- Should the connection fail to happen, you need to try once more. Start by applying this solution: look for a different USB port to use. Then try with this: flash, again, the USB drivers on the laptop.
- If one of these methods finally works, then move on by doing as follows: tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, opt for a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and select a file with an extension that has .pit in it.
- Then check a group made of three boxes: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition.
- You should then commence the flashing of the firmware on your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 by performing this: click on “Start” once it appears, then have patience.
- After you’re done waiting for a couple of minutes, you will notice that the handset restarts. When it comes up with this message in green, you will be able to disconnect the phone from your laptop: “Pass”.
- If the USB cord is not connecting your devices to one another anymore, you can go on and have a look at the new firmware. But where to find it?
- Begin by tapping Settings and then make sure you tap About Phone to locate the UBUBNA1.
Is it everything you’ve wanted? In case not, you can make good use of the NANDroid backup file to fully restore the previous ROM on the smartphone.
Do you have a lot of questions concerning the update? Fire them away below.