How to Update Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 to Android 4.1.2 XXBMJ1
Once you are done with our guide, your Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 is going to sport Android 4.1.2. Everything that needs to be done in order to update your smartphone to this operating system is shown in today’s post.
If you still haven’t found new firmware for your device’s update, here is something you should try: XXBMJ1. This tool is already out for Poland (Play), Germany (O2), Romania (Vodafone) and, thanks to the fact that the KIES logo is activated, you can always try updating the Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 with Samsung’s very own KIES software (for which your handset must come with a pre-installed stock ROM).
There are great benefits to upgrading your smartphone. Like these: a fixed frame of 60 fps, group cast, Google Now, sync and connect email updates, all share, pop up play, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, a whole new keyboard, touch anticipation, mini apps, free style widget and triple buffering.
As soon as you updated your smartphone, and it’s a rooted one, you will have to go through two major disadvantages. The first one: your device’s root access will be revoked. Second: your phone’s own system partition shall be deleted. But even with these cons, the internal/external SD cards and the important data will not be affected.
Make sure, before the update, that your Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 goes through these important requirements:
- the phone’s battery must be charged if it’s empty;
- our tutorial works best only with a notebook which is running Windows;
- the security programs you have running on the laptop and your smartphone should be disabled for as long as you’re performing the update;
- download USB drivers on your notebook (look for the ones which are especially compatible with the Galaxy S3 I9305);
- a standard and a full NANDroid backup must be performed, using these tips;
- be sure to turn USB Debugging on.
Step by step instructions
- When even the last pre-requisite has been dealt with, download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXBMJ1 (here you can find the Romania version, on this place you will find the Germany version and here you will find the Poland compatible file) and then Odin on the notebook.
- Follow this step up with the second one which needs you to unzip these files and then boot the handset in Download Mode. This will have to happen like this: after you press and hold Home, Volume Down and Power at the same time, continue by pressing Volume Up as soon as the logo of Android is displayed.
- Go back to the Odin next; that’s because you need to open it as Admin on the laptop. There must be a connection happening between the smartphone and the notebook for the next step. The plugging must be helped by the USB cable of your handset. Once a yellow ID:COM box and an “Added” message pop up on the screen, you will be able to move to the next task.
- But if the necessary elements haven’t shown up on the display, the connection hasn’t been established, so it’s better to remedy this problem by using one of the following solutions: make use of a different USB port or install the USB drivers once more.
- Now do as follows: tap BL next, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- After that, we recommend these actions: activate Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, tap “Start” and wait for your smartphone to reboot after the installation of the new firmware is completed.
- Once the restarting has happened and a “Pass” message is displayed, do the following: remove the USB cord so that the devices are not connected to each other.
- The location of the XXBMJ1 firmware is easy to find. You should just tap Settings and then tap About Phone. When you spot the firmware, use it for a while on your Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305.
If it doesn’t leave you thoroughly impressed, you can do this: return the old ROM back on your handset. For that, we suggest the NANDroid backup file to be used. When it is, the upgrade is going to be revoked.
Do you want to tell us something about the procedure or you ran into problems? There’s a comment field below that you can use for this!