How to Update Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390 to Android 4.1.2 ZTUAML2
When the time comes to enhance Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390, ZTUAML2 official firmware is your best bet. That’s because Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will become available on your smartphone at once. See below for a detailed update procedure.
This official firmware was unveiled this month for Taiwan. When you flash it on the Galaxy Fresh, you will become accustomed to the following: extended Vsync timing, triple buffering, a fixed frame of 60 fps and a new keyboard. If you want more, you’ve got it: mini apps, Google Now, all share as well as sync and connect email updates. The novelties also consist of touch anticipation, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, pop up play, free style widget and group cast.
For those of you whose Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390 comes with root access, the latter will be lost after the update. The handset’s system partition will be affected, too, by being deleted. As for the internal and external SD cards as well as important data: they will not be damaged or erased.
You should use the model specified at the beginning of the article for this tutorial. A smartphone which is not this one will get bricked if upgraded via the methods we present here.
You can’t, if you prefer Samsung’s KIES over our guide, install the ZTUAML2 with this software. There’s no activated KIES logo to use. But you can use OTA (only if your smartphone’s operating stock ROM beforehand).
If you settle on our method, the first thing to concentrate on: a couple of requirements. They look like this:
- it’s always advisable to use a notebook with Windows on-board;
- download USB drivers for the phone on the laptop;
- go to your handset and turn USB Debugging on;
- when there’s not much left of your phone’s battery, charge it at once;
- create a full NANDroid backup besides a regular one;
- after you disable your notebook’s security software, disable the one on your Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390.
Step by step instructions
- Once the ground is set for the tutorial, download the following on your notebook: Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 S7390ZTUAML2 for Taiwan from this address. The moment the right files are installed on your device, extract them both with an unzipping tool (we recommend either WinRar or WinZip).
- Following this step, here’s what to do: boot your handset in Download Mode with this method: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power together, stop as soon as a boot screen pops up, then end by pressing Volume Up.
- To be able to launch Odin on the notebook as an Admin, you should first right-click on .exe file and after this tap the option named Run as Administrator.
- Next up: connect your Samsung Galaxy Fresh to the notebook. This step will work best if the handset’s USB cable is used. When done with this, wait for “Added!!” and then for an ID:COM box to appear in yellow. In case of a failed connection, try one of these solutions: flash the USB drivers again or use another USB port.
- When a connection’s been established between the smartphone and your laptop, go ahead and tap BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, tap AP next and after that choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and opt for that file which sports an extension named .pit.
- After you’re also done with this part, click on these boxes: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. If you are finished with this phase, move on to a different one.
- This step asks you to activate the installation of the update firmware. For that, we suggest tapping “Start” and then waiting for the end of the procedure. The ZTUAML2 official firmware is going to be on your device once the latter automatically starts and “Pass” is shown.
- To actually complete the process, unplug the Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390 from your laptop after that message is displayed. Since you’re done with this, we suggest finishing up by tapping Settings and then choosing About Phone. You will now have access to the new firmware and the OS’s goodies!
If you should miss the old ROM, the NANDroid backup file is at your disposal. Use it to revoke the update and restore that ROM.
If there are questions or comments, kindly leave them in the box under this post.