Update Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 (Sprint) to Android 4.3 SlimBean Build 1 Custom ROM
If you won’t upgrade your Sprint Galaxy Nexus L700 to Android 4.3 SlimBean Build 1 custom ROM, you won’t get to see what it means to work with an enhanced device.
Starting with its battery and ending with the overall performance, the phone will be heaps improved.
This update is here to stay if you begin with the following requirements:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery;
- install USB drivers on the laptop (make sure they are compatible with this handset);
- create backups for the phone’s content (make a NANDroid backup afterwards like this: choose “Backup&Restore“, then opt for “Backup” when a second screen appears);
- use a bootloader + carrier unlocked Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.
As we move on, your job will be as follows: read the instructions below and follow them so that the upgrade ends well.
- Download Gapps package (file name: Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.1 ) and the SlimBean 4.3 Build 1 custom ROM (file name: Slim-toroplus-4.3.build.1-OFFICIAL-901) on the notebook, connect the phone to the latter, transfer the packages to the SD card root of the Sprint L700 and then unplug the latter from your PC.
- Now switch the handset off. After that don’t move on unless you boot the device in Recovery Mode by pressing + holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power simultaneously; the display should flash any time now, and when it does make sure you let go of those buttons.
- You should be back in the phone’s Recovery Menu next, so that you can easily wipe the data on the handset.
- To wipe that, you should opt for the following option and then return to the Recovery Menu after you’ve confirmed the selection: “Factory Reset/Wipe Data“; then continue the wiping by choosing, from the Recovery Menu, this option: “Wipe Cache Partition” and then “Wipe Dalvik Cache” to complete the circle of wiping tasks.
- Here are the options that must be chosen next: “Install zip from SD card” and “Choose zip from SD card“.
- Opt, with “Power”, for the SlimBean 4.3 Build 1 ROM, confirm and then, after the update is done, you should flash the Gapps package by repeating all of the tasks which helped install the previous file.
- Then, when both files are where they must be, you can return to the Recovery Menu. There you will chance upon an option called “Reboot your device” that will restart the handset.
- Choose it, then your Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 will experience a booting into the update firmware called SlimBean 4.3 Build 1 custom ROM. The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will then reveal its pros after you tap the update tool located in your device’s “About phone” area. So go there and check on the firmware for yourself if you aren’t sure whether the update really happened or not.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If there is no upgrade firmware, redo the tutorial. Now if the handset shows a message plastered with “Status 7 error“, you have to remove the problem by flashing a related kernel on the device and then the tool used for the update.
Should the old ROM you worked with be missed, then you can retrieve it by doing as shown now: enter in the Recovery Mode, opt for “Backup & Restore“, choose the old ROM from a list that will appear and wait for the restoration to happen.