Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to AOKP JB-MR1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM
Here’s a useful tutorial on how to install a custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. We are going to use an instrument called AOKP JB-MR1 by the one responsible for its development.
Without its presence on your phone, the latter will remain in its limited form.
To make this guide a success, we included – besides the obvious steps needed to install the update – these requirements: download GApps from this page (you must choose the file called gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip) and AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM (the file is labelled aokp_i9100_jb-mr1_build-4.zip).
Now’s the start for a successful installation of the said tool on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Step one has the following advice for you: plug the handset to your laptop and copy the files in the pre-requisites to the phone’s SD card.
- The second step marks the jump to the following action: unplug the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Now go to step number three and turn the phone off. You will soon need to restart the device into Recovery Mode. The method to do this hasn’t changed: you still have to select at the same time the keys labelled Home, Volume and Power to reach that certain mode.
- For step four your task will be that of making a full NANDroid backup using this guide. If you’re successful with that, then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
- The fifth step will ask you to initiate the installation process; to do that: wait for a screen to appear, then choose Yes. Then you will be required to perform the following: select Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache when you’ve returned to the phone’s ClockworkMod Recovery menu.
- The coast is clear now for another step, the sixth this time around: opt for Install zip from SD card.
- Select Choose zip from SD card and find the aokp_i9100_jb-mr1_build-4.zip archive.
- To install it, step number eight will need you to press Power and then confirm; choose “Yes” for this to happen. After the file is installed, the Google Apps package needs to be installed, too. Just repeat steps six, seven and eight; the file is going to appear on the S2 I9100, too.
- For the ninth step, your phone will tell you to return to its main recovery menu. Once there, you will be prompted to do as follows: opt for Reboot System Now; the handset will start to do what’s been told.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now updated to the AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.