Update Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 using Vanilla RootBox custom ROM
If your smartphone or tablet does not have the Android 4.1.2 version of the Jelly Bean, then you’re in for a long wait until the company decides to update your device with this OS. But if you want to shorten this wait, then you can turn to a custom ROM. These tools have proved major helpers for many gadget owners that couldn’t wait for the new Google operating system to come on their devices.
The Vanilla RootBOX ROM was made by one of the members on popular XDA Developers forum. He created it specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. It will not work for any other gadget except this one. It comes with good stability, despite the usual bugs you get to experience since this ROM is not an official one.
Your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 must have certain elements pre-installed. Along with some files. The latter are these two: GApps pack and Vanilla RootBOX ROM for the SGH-I9300. After you grab them online, charge your handset till it reaches 100%. After it reaches that value, get the ClockworkMod Recovery if you don’t already have it and make a backup.
After having dealt with all of the requirements above, you can start the installation process that will land the RootBOX ROM on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- First things first, you need to copy the GApps and Vanilla RootBOX ROM packs, after you’ve downloaded them, into the device memory card.
- Immediately afterwards switch the handset off then enter in the ClockworkMod Recovery mode, which is easily done if you follow this instruction: select at the same time the the Volume Up, Home and Power keys.
- If you are done with that, perform a NANDroid backup of the default ROM on your phone, then direct yourself to Backup and Restore.
- Afterwards choose Backup, then Factory reset/Wipe data and confirm this.
- The following step is this: get back to the Mount and Storage options; once there, select the formatting of the entire system and then get back to the phone’s menu.
- This action should be followed by the selection of an option called Install ZIP from SD card. This is followed by this requirement: opt for Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Once this step completed, choose the Vanilla RootBOX ROM. This type of action needs a confirmation.
- In order to correctly flash the Google applications package, do these two things again: get back to the menu, choose the installation of the archive from the memory card, Choose ZIP from SD card and opt for the Google Applications pack. Do a confirmation of all of these steps.
- After you do that, opt for Wipe cache partition; confirm this operation, also.
- Then get back to the phone’s menu once more. Once there, choose the option that is labeled Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Next up: confirm this. After the confirmation is performed, get back to the phone’s menu. There choose to restart of the entire system.
Now go and enjoy your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with the newest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.