Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Blackbean Custom ROM
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 can be the proud owner of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean if only you update it with Blackbean custom ROM. Be careful not to use another model for this guide; because if you do that, you can run the risk of landing the tablet in a repair shop. But if you do everything that is laid out in this post, you won’t have to go through that.
If you’re following a tutorial for the very first time, you need to know that we tend to talk a lot about requirements. That’s because if you don’t consider them, too, your device won’t get updated, rooted or unrooted the correct way; and, again, you’ll land it in a repair shop. To avoid all of this mess, you need to remember to read what we have to say on the matter of pre-requisites.
Every kind of device will need you to do the following: root your P3110 with a tutorial that’s our own creation (at the same time make sure there’s also a custom recovery image integrated on it), charge its battery so that you can follow the tutorial without worrying about a recharge, make a backup using this guide, turn USB debugging on, install USB Drivers for the device on your laptop and use a factory unlocked handset or tablet.
If you do all of this with extra care, you don’t have to worry about a mishap in the future.
And now we will teach all of you owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 how to update it to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the Blackbean custom ROM.
- Here we have step number one in all its glory: open your laptop.
- Step two will have to do with the following operations: download, on the device, two files whose names are GApps (the file is available here) and Android 4.2.2 Blackbean ROM, respectively.
- Now that we have the basics down on paper, we need to proceed to the third step; this one will tell you that your task is this: plug the tablet to the laptop.
- What you are required to do for step four is as follows: copy the Android 4.2.2 Blackbean ROM and the Google Apps to the comp, then switch the tablet off.
- For step five your role will be to unplug the devices from each other, then enter the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 into Recovery Mode; should you be unsure how that happens, you should first turn the gadget on while pressing the keys labelled Home, Volume Up and Power, at the same time, for about five seconds. Now that the mode has been reached, you need to do a tablet’s data wipe. When you’ve completed that, be sure to opt for Flash zip from SD card by pressing Power. What comes up next is this: choose the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM zip file via Power.
- Confirm its installation, then repeat the same to flash the GApps on the tablet; confirm, too. The last few steps of our tutorial are here.
- Step number seven needs you to return to the menu and choose the system restarting option.
- Wait till the booting of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 is over. Feel free to make the most of your newly updated gadget!