How to Update Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3502 to Android 4.2.2 ZNUAND1
If there’s a way to get your Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3502 in touch with Android 4.2.2 JB, that way is an upgrade. This procedure is described in full detail below so that you’ll know how to perform it well.
The update of your smartphone to this OS has to go smoothly so that you won’t have problems along the way. This smoothness is only possible if ZNUAND1 official firmware is installed on the Samsung SM-G3502. The firmware we mentioned recently came out for China and this smartphone in particular. If you were to use it on a different handset, you’d certainly damage the latter. So make sure the phone that does get this update is the one here.
Compared to other firmware for the same phone, this one has an activated KIES logo. To perform the upgrade with the KIES method, your device must contain stock ROM already. If it doesn’t, you can update your phone with our tutorial.
Android 4.2.2 is one of the OS variants with loads of potential. This means that your handset is going to receive new stuff as soon as the procedure’s completed. Among these novelties we have a new set of download notifications and a USB debug white-list. The upgrade will also bring the option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state. Other than what we mentioned, this OS is also equipped with a new Gallery app and better Bluetooth audio streaming. Of equal importance are these goodies: a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes.
Your smartphone, if rooted, will go through various damages after it receives the Jelly Bean ZNUAND1 official ROM. There are two main disadvantages: the system partition will be erased and root access will be revoked. You shouldn’t give up on the upgrade: both internal / external SD cards and important content will be spared from damage.
As always with an update, your smartphone has to experience some requirements:
- download the Android 4.2.2 ZNUAND1 official firmware for China on your notebook;
- Galaxy Trend 3 G3502 has a USB Debugging option that must be turned on;
- its security programs must be turned off next;
- disable the security software that come with your laptop, too;
- only a notebook which is operating Windows is compatible with this upgrade;
- download, from this page, USB drivers on your laptop;
- make several standard backups to preserve the data inside your smartphone;
- make a full NANDroid backup;
- charge your phone’s battery.
Step by step instructions
- The G3502ZNUAND1 is one of two packages that must be downloaded on the notebook. The other package is Odin v3.09. You will have to unzip both this one and the other package on your laptop. WinRar or 7Zip can be used for this step.
- Wait until the extraction is over, then look out for a file that has to be launched on the laptop. Odin v3.09.exe is its name. Have your smartphone enter Download Mode now. By pressing and simultaneously holding Home, Power and Volume Down until a boot message can be seen; press Volume Up afterwards.
- This part requires your handset’s USB cable. With it, establish a connection between the phone and the notebook. If you don’t know when the plugging’s finished, wait for Odin to pop up a blue sign on the screen. The moment it does, you can move on by making sure the firmware file is taken to AP / PDA.
- When done, F. Reset Time will have to be checked. Auto Reboot, too. The only box that must be unchecked here is the one called Re-partition. Click on “Start” if you’re done with the previous step, then wait for the new operating system and firmware to be installed on the smartphone.
- The latter will tell you when the flashing’s done by displaying “Pass” in green and after that rebooting. You have to do the following when the installation is completed: unplug the notebook from the Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3502.
- As for how to correctly work with the Android 4.2.2 ZNUAND1: tap Settings and About Phone.
If you are not satisfied with the new firmware, the old ROM will come back if you use the NANDroid backup file. While this ROM will be restored, the upgrade will be revoked from your phone.
We have a comment box below this tutorial. Use it for your questions and comments!