Update Samsung GT-I8268 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZMAME1 Official Firmware
Samsung I8268 updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZMAME1 official firmware? Yes, you can have that if you use our tutorial below. Only the Chinese variant of this phone will work if you want it upgraded.
Your smartphone model was released this past March for China Mobile and the firmware we are using was launched 2 months later. If you were thinking of updating the device via KIES, you can’t: the firmware doesn’t have its KIES logo activated. So you can either upgrade the phone via OTA (over the air) with the Software Update button under Settings menu or via our tutorial. The latter should be performed if you have a custom ROM running on your handset which must be the Samsung GT-I8268. If it’s not this model, the firmware on it will end up bricked.
If your phone is a rooted one and has a custom ROM pre-installed, the new firmware will revoke its root access, but no crucial files will be deleted; the internal and external SD cards will also not be affected. The only thing that will be is your device’s system partition.
Now that you know the risks of updating your phone, you should also find out what’s in store for the latter after you upgrade it. The I8268 will, among others, feature new applications, tweaks via which you will personalize your smartphone, it will sport new features and better stability. You will also see an improved battery life and better speeds. Don’t worry about bugs: this firmware does not have them.
You should now read all about our important requirements:
- get USB drivers fit for your phone and flash them from here on your PC or laptop;
- make sure the latter runs Windows instead of any other operating system;
- charge the battery of your handset if you notice low charge levels;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- turn off the phone’s and laptop’s security software;
- make backups (apart from a standard one, a full NANDroid backup is also recommended);
- make sure you keep the USB cord of your handset close to you throughout the guide.
- Now download these files on your comp or laptop before you learn how to update the phone: Odin tool .exe from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZMAME1 official firmware from this location.
- Check and see if they’re saved where they should, then unzip each of them to the laptop’s or comp’s desktop after which you should enter the handset in Download Mode. This is done by pressing + holding, at the same time, the keys for Power + Home and Volume Down, then the key for Volume Up.
- After that we prompt you to launch the Odin and then connect the smartphone to your other device (be sure to use the USB cord of your handset for this step).
- To make the connection has been established, you need to watch out for a yellow ID:COM box and for an “Added!!” message. If neither pops up: use a different USB port or make sure you re-install the USB drivers.
- But if there is no issue going on with the plugging, then continue the tutorial by clicking on PDA, selecting a file with CODE in its name, click on Phone, select a file that has MODEM in the name, tap CSC, opt for a file with CSC in its name, click on PIT and go for a file that has .pit as extension.
- Now that the previous tasks have been accomplished, we advise you to do this: activate those boxes called F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. Then locate a button known as “Start” and tap it so that your phone can receive the new firmware soon.
- Once the installation of the Android 4.1.2 ZMAME1 is done, do this: wait for “Pass” to appear. When it does, the phone’s home screen will also be displayed; the next second, your Samsung GT-I8268 is going to restart so that you can unplug the handset from the laptop.
To fully enjoy the update tool, go to your phone’s Settings and then tap About Phone. If you like the new firmware, have fun with it.
If you don’t like it, revoke the upgrade process and get your device to its old ROM by using the NANDroid backup file from before. Also, if you have comments about our update tutorial, leave them in the field below.