Upgrade Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 LTE to XXBMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Before you find out, from us, how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 LTE to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, we will first tell you the tool that helped us: XXBMB5 official firmware.
Now that we’ve settled this, we should tell you the pre-requisites that are part of every tutorial on the Internet: download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9305XXBMB5 official firmware and Odin tool 3.07, charge your phone’s battery, use a comp that runs Windows, enable USB Debugging, generate few backups with your important settings and install the appropriate USB Drivers for this handset on your laptop. Then follow the steps below.
- Step 1: after you download the I9305XXBMB5_I9305TENBMB1_TEN.zip on your laptop, extract it and see if .tar is also among the files present in that archive. Unzip the Odin tool archive and look for Odin3 tool 3.07 executable file. Once the files with those extensions are on your computer, you need to turn the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 off and make sure it enters Download Mode. Now run the Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator and then connect the phone to your laptop. Once “Added!!” is present on the touchscreen and a COM port goes yellow, the plugging between the two devices was successful.
- Some files will need to be flashed on your I9305. We made a list of them and included the buttons you need to press in order to gain access to them. Here they are:
– .tar (press PDA for this file to launch);
– look for a file with MODEM in its name (click on Phone to see it);
– choose the file bearing CSC in its original name (you need to press CSC to notice it);
– select the file with .pit as its name; you have to click on PIT for it to launch on the smartphone.
Something different than what we just wrote above might happen: none of the files will come on-screen. If that happens, don’t follow the second step.
- Go to the third one and select the following boxes: F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- If you did see the four files we discussed in step 2, then you should check the box called Repartition and then move on with our tutorial by hitting Start.
- The last step, the fifth, will test your patience as you wait for the update installation to complete. When it’s done, the rebooting process will happen (watch out for “Green Pass” to appear on the phone’s display). Your Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 will be updated to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. Disconnect the phone from the laptop.