Flash Renovate ROM for HTC One X PJ46100
Let’s get this straight from the beginning: HTC One X PJ46100 can be flashed with the help of a custom ROM. So yay for finally being able to make the user experience and the phone’s performance a whole lot more awesome.
If you’re wondering about the name of this tool, then you should know it’s called Renovate ROM version 12.0.0. What you get with it are Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and HTC Sense 4 plus.
In order to arrive to the expected results, you have to download Fastboot pack (the file is called Fastboot.zip) and Renovate 12.0 (also called RENOVATE_12.0.0.zip), use a laptop with Windows, verify the battery level (must be 85% charged), perform a full backup, activate the USB Debugging option.
Other important things are: verify if the phone has ClockmodWork Recovery (HBOOT 1.31, 1.33 or 1.36 must be included too), shut down the antivirus apps and and install HTC Sync if the PC has not installed the necessary USB drivers.
The guide on how to flash Renovate custom ROM for One X PJ46100 looks like this.
- Step number 1: move the Renovate archive to the internal memory card that belongs to the handset.
- Step 2: unzip the Fastboot.zip archive into a dedicated folder, on your PC, then look for Fastboot (which is a folder). From the Renovate.zip archive you should unzip the boot.img file.
- Step 3: move the boot.img to the Fastboot folder, then switch the One X PJ46100 off. Now enter in the Bootloader mode using the well known method that said you must select at the same time the Volume Down and Power down keys for about 5 seconds.
- Step 4: wait till the above action turn the phone’s display on, then you have to, select Fastboot Mode once you are in Bootloader Mode. You must use the Volume key to perform the selection.
- Step 5: select this mode using the Power button. Next up: perform a connection between the laptop and the phone using a compatible USB cord.
- For step number 6 you need to wait till Fastboot USB is written on the display. Now it’s time to turn to your comp and start the command line using the Start > Cmd method.
- Step 7: after you do that, access the Fastboot directory then choose the flash boot.img. How? Type the next command using the command line, after which you will need to unplug the phone from the PC.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
- Step number 8 wants you to choose Bootloader on the One X PJ46100.
- Step 9 needs you to select the Recovery Mode once you are in Bootloader Mode using the Volume buttons, then selecting the Power option. Now perform a full NANDroid backup using the Backup and Restore option, then choosing Backup, once again.
- The tenth step requires you to choose Factory reset/Wipe data, tap on Yes, then choose Wipe cache partition and select Yes.
- Step 11: opt for Advanced, select Wipe Dalvik cache and tap on Yes. After that you need to opt for Mounts and Storage, choose Format System and click on Yes.
- Which will bring us to step number 12, for which you have to opt for installation of the ZIP archive using the SD card. Select ZIP from SD card, then Locate and finally choose the the Renovate ROM ZIP archive. Tap on Yes and the AROMA Installer will be initiated.
- Step 13: do what you are instructed to by the commands you are going to see. The ROM will begin its installation and you will need to restart your HTC One X when the installation is ready.