Update Galaxy Trend S7560 to Android 4.0.4 XXBMK2 Stock Firmware
Galaxy Trend S7560 is supposed to leave this tutorial with XXBMK2 official firmware flashed on it. And it will, because we will teach you how to upgrade your handset to Android 4.0.4 ICS using this particular stock firmware.
The new firmware was announced in June this year for Spain and this month for Ireland (O2). In case you want to update the Galaxy Trend GT-S7560 with KIES, you can do that only for the Ireland version that comes with the KIES logo activated (your device should run a custom ROM in this case). For the Spain version, you should make use of either OTA (again, use only a phone with a custom ROM already flashed on it) or our tutorial. Whatever method you opt for, your device must be the Galaxy Trend GT-S7560; use the XXBMK2 on any other handset and you will brick it.
This new firmware doesn’t come empty-handed. You should look forward to features such as screen rotation made smoother, an improved phone number recognition, improved camera and also enhanced stability.
In case the smartphone is rooted, the custom firmware that will be installed on it will affect it in various ways. The root access, for one, will be revoked; then the system partition of your phone will end up being deleted. It’s not all bad, however: the internal/external SD cards of your device will not be affected and the important data inside the Trend GT-S7560 will not be deleted.
To gain access to our update steps, you must first consider these pre-requisites:
- take a moment to charge your handset’s battery;
- create as many backups as you want (but be sure to include a full NANDroid one, made with this tutorial);
- turn USB Debugging on;
- be sure to flash USB drivers for your phone from this page on the laptop;
- turn off the security programs which are installed on the phone and notebook;
- your laptop should have Windows among its specs.
Step by step instructions
- You should now start the guide. Your first tasks are the following: after you download Odin and the ICS 4.0.4 S7560XXBMK2 firmware (the Spain version from here and the Ireland O2 version from this place) on the notebook, we recommend you to extract them and enter the device in Download Mode by pressing and simultaneously holding Home, Volume Down and Power and wait till a screen of warning shows up, after which you should press Volume Up.
- Here is what comes up next: return to your notebook, go to Odin and open it as an Admin. Then do this: plug the phone to the laptop by way of the USB cord that comes with your handset.
- Now wait till the connection is established, which will happen when there’s an “Added!!” message appearing on the screen and then a yellow ID:COM box showing up, too. If the plugging failed, you need to opt for a different USB port or install, again, the USB drivers on your laptop.
- Continue by performing these actions: click on PDA afterwards, select a file with CODE in the name, click on Phone, choose a file with MODEM in the name, tap CSC, opt for a file with CSC in its name, tap PIT after that and opt for a file that will have a .pit extension.
- These boxes will need to be activated when you’re done: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition.
- Here’s the part where you can begin the flashing of the new firmware by clicking on “Start”. When the end of the installation is in sight, the Galaxy Trend GT-S7560 will automatically restart.
- The next thing to wait for: “Pass” showing up on the display. We advise you to do this: disconnect the two devices, return to the handset, tap Settings and then click on About Phone to discover and play with the new XXBMK2 official firmware that brings the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich on your smartphone.
This firmware that has just been flashed on your device may not impress you as much as you thought. If that’s so, use the NANDroid backup file to return your handset to its previous ROM. The way this works is the following: the NANDroid file revokes the update process.
Want to ask something about the upgrade? You can leave your questions below!