How to Install Android 4.1.2 DUAML1 on Galaxy Express GT-I8730T
Galaxy Express GT-I8730T will be able to sport all the goodies which come courtesy of Android 4.1.2 if you install DUAML1 on it with our tutorial.
This month saw the release of many different new firmware. One of them is the this version which is best suited for the Galaxy Express I8730T owned by people in Australia. Which is why we urge you to use only the model we specifically indicated, otherwise you will only brick your other smartphone that you choose to update with today’s method.
The KIES logo doesn’t come activated on the new official firmware. To ensure a successful upgrade, use either our tutorial or OTA (for which the handset must function with a stock ROM already flashed on it) with the Software Update button under Settings menu.
The DUAML1 is the kind of firmware which brings many goodies. Here they are: a fixed frame of 60 fps, group cast, sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, touch anticipation, mini apps, free style widget and the presence of a new keyboard for your daily use.
If the Galaxy Express is already rooted, you will see that the update will signify the following: while the important data and internal/external SD cards will remain undamaged, the phone’s root access will be revoked from it. Another con: the system partition will end up deleted.
For those of you who still want an updated handset, here’s what you should do before we indicate the steps to follow:
- refrain from using a laptop which doesn’t come pre-installed with Windows;
- if the battery won’t last much longer, fully charge it;
- create a normal backup, using this guide;
- make a full NANDroid backup afterwards, via these instructions;
- the security software on your handset and the laptop need to be disabled for this guide;
- turn on USB Debugging on your Galaxy Express GT-I8730T;
- download USB drivers available for the smartphone from this page on the laptop.
When you’ve done everything we just told you to above, you are free to begin the update.
- First things first: your laptop must have the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DUAML1 (the Australia Vodafone version is here) and Odin downloaded on it. Save both of these packages afterwards, then extract them by making use of one of these: WinZip or WinRar.
- Boot, for the next part, the handset into Download Mode by pressing and holding, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power. The boot screen will come up, so do this next: press Volume Up and your device will be entered into the Download Mode.
- After the Odin is open as Admin on the laptop, here’s what you need to do: provide a connection between the Galaxy Express GT-I8730T and the notebook with the former’s USB cord. The Odin will afterwards try and locate the phone.
- When it’s found it, you will be greeted by “Added!!” and an ID:COM box which should become all yellow. When this doesn’t happen, time to try one of these two options: either install, again, the USB drivers on the notebook or look for a different USB port to make use of.
- Tap BL next, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- When all of this is performed as instructed, you should activate the boxes labelled like this: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time.
- The new official firmware has to become part of the handset next. To begin its flashing, tap “Start” and then be sure to wait for the end of the installation process. Which will be signaled by these: a rebooting of your device and a “Pass” message popping up in a green background.
- After you make sure both have happened, you need to make sure there’s no connection binding your I8730T to the laptop; for that, do as follows: remove that USB cable. The new firmware can now be located if you use this particular method of finding it: tap Settings, then tap About Phone.
If the Android 4.1.2 DUAML1 proves to be unworthy of your smartphone, restore the previous one with the NANDroid backup file, an action which will revoke the upgrade process.
You can use the comment section below in case you ever want to ask us something about the procedure or if you have to deal with various problems along the way.