How to Flash Android 4.3 XXUEML9 on Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 is going to enjoy the same benefits that other smartphones have after they’ve been updated to Android 4.3. Our work will be helped by XXUEML9, which is the new firmware that came out for Poland.
Don’t upgrade your Galaxy S3 I9305 if you don’t live in Poland and your device isn’t this model. If you do that, your handset is going to be damaged. Because the KIES logo on this stock firmware is not turned on, the only way to get the update is either with OTA (for which your phone must sport a stock ROM) or today’s tutorial.
The novelties delivered by the XXUEML9 firmware look something like this: a complete absence of serious bugs to damage the handset’s overall performance, a great performance due to the many tweaks and options, enhanced battery life thanks to loads of numerous tweaks, new features as well as new apps, plenty of customization options and many more.
You should know that this update is going to affect your smartphone. Especially if it’s rooted, because once the new firmware is flashed, your device will see its system partition deleted and its root access revoked. However, you will see that the phone’s important content and internal and external SD cards won’t be affected by the upgrade.
These are the requirements which must be considered if you’re after the update:
- charge the phone’s battery to its fullest in case charging levels are very low;
- turn off the security software that are turned on on both the handset and the laptop;
- the notebook should have USB drivers flashed on it (they must be the ones which work only with your Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305);
- on the phone, turn USB Debugging on;
- make sure there are backups to save your data (you should create a full NANDroid backup as well, using these tips);
- use a laptop that has Windows as its operating system.
Step by step instructions
- We now ask that you start our tutorial by downloading Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUEML9 (you will find the Poland Plus version available on this page, file name: I9305XXUEML9_I9305PRTEML1_PRT.zip) on the laptop.
- To unzip them on the latter for the next step, you will have to use WinZip or WinRar, then do the following to enter the handset in Download Mode: simultaneously press and hold the keys called Volume Down, Home and Power, wait for a display with a warning to show up and finish this by pressing Volume Up.
- Be sure to do this next: open, on the notebook, the Odin as an Admin and then use the phone’s own USB cord to make the device connect to your laptop.
- In case you’re able to see a yellow ID:COM box and a message that reads “Added!!“, then the connection will have been established at last. If it hasn’t, there are only two ways to choose from in order to solve this issue: you can either try using another USB port or flashing, once more, the USB drivers on the laptop.
- After that is done, tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Among the group of boxes you will see on your screen next, only these must be checked: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition.
- Make sure they’re fully activated, then proceed to the following step: make sure the flashing of the XXUEML9 begins by clicking on “Start” as soon as you see it. After you tap it, wait for the installation stage to be complete before you can move on to the next step.
- The handset is going to reboot after the flashing and, when you spot “Pass” on the touchscreen, you can do this: unplug the devices from each other. And that’s that: the new firmware is now on your Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. If you go to Settings and tap About Phone, the firmware should appear there.
Take it for a spin and notice if there’s something wrong with it. If there’s something you don’t enjoy about the new Android 4.3 and you wish you had your old ROM back, go to the NANDroid backup and use it to revoke the upgrade procedure. The previous ROM will then be restored on the smartphone!
You can direct your questions to the comment section below and we’ll gladly help.