How to Update Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562C to Android 4.1.2 ZNUANA1
You should make sure your Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562C is prepared for an update. More on the steps and everything else in-between in the post below!
You can get Android 4.1.2 on your smartphone as soon as you want to. That’s because a developer just came out with ZNUANA1 new firmware for China. Don’t attempt to upgrade a different handset with this tutorial because you will end up with a bricked device. Also, don’t attempt to upgrade the Galaxy S Duos S7562C via KIES: the logo isn’t turned on. But you can still use, besides this guide, OTA via the Software Update button under Settings menu; for this, your smartphone must be running a stock ROM.
Apart from many new things, the new ROM is going to affect your device if it’s rooted. The sort of damage this new firmware does is the following: your phone’s system partition will be deleted and the root access is going to be revoked. These won’t be affected, though: the internal/external SD cards and the important data.
Moving on, let’s take a look at the kind of goodies your phone will enjoy once it’s updated: a fixed frame of 60 fps, group cast, sync and connect email updates, all share, pop up play, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, the presence of a new keyboard for your daily use, Google Now, touch anticipation, mini apps, free style widget and triple buffering.
It’s very easy to update your Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562C. But before you can begin the steps, look at these pre-requisites:
- refrain from using a laptop which isn’t using Windows as its operating system;
- if the battery shows signs of not lasting much more, be sure to fully charge it;
- make a full NANDroid backup, using this tutorial;
- the security software that is featured on your phone and your laptop must be turned off for the duration of our guide;
- create a normal backup;
- turn on USB Debugging on your handset;
- download USB drivers available for the Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562C on the laptop.
Step by step instructions
- After performing these compulsory requirements, we need you to start the guide by applying these instructions: download, on your notebook, Odin from this location and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZNUANA1 (the China version is on this page) and after that extract them with WinRar or WinZip.
- Your next set of guidelines looks like this: enter the device in Download Mode and launch the Odin on the notebook as an Admin afterwards. The exact method to use in order to correctly boot the phone in that mode: press and hold, together, Volume Down, Home and Power, wait until the phone’s boot screen pops up and press Volume Up next.
- You should now take the USB cable of your handset and create a connection between the Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562C and the laptop.
- After a couple of minutes, your display should have “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow. In case it doesn’t: change the USB port you’ve been using to another one or install, once again, the USB drivers on your laptop.
- Move on with these tasks: tap BL next, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- A set of boxes with various names will appear next. From among them, select only these three ones: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time.
- Wait a bit, then proceed to the installation of the new firmware by tapping this button: “Start“. The process should take a couple of minutes and, when it’s completed, you will notice the following: your handset is going to restart and, when that’s over, you will notice “Pass” in green on the display.
- Once the handset does all of this, you should be ready to unplug it from your notebook. Then go to Settings, tap it and after that click on About Phone to see if you like the Android 4.1.2 ZNUANA1 or not.
In case you don’t think it’s that awesome: restore the old ROM by using the NANDroid backup file, a procedure which is going to revoke the update.
As for questions or comments you may want to ask/post: kindly use the section underneath this post!